Homemade Baby Blankets, Soft Blocks, Babybooks

Hi Mama's looking for some advice. My girlfriend makes beautiful baby blankets, soft blocks, nursing covers, babybooks, and various forms of homemade stationary/letterpress cards/invites etc. She also does vintage windows. She was displaying some in a local flower shop and has an itsy web site, but with the economy nothing is moving. Does anyone know a baby botique or store that would be interested in showing her crafts. She also has a website that people could look at. I referred her to mamasource so I am hoping she joins the mama owned business section. Any advice/ideas would be appreciated or if you know anyone in the market for her wares....

There is a baby store in downtown Wheaton called The Stork's Cradle that has very cute merchandise. I don't know how they get their things, but it is worth a phone call. To look at the website: www.thestorkscradle.com

Where are you located? There all lots of craft stores in Central Illinois. Has she tried setting up at craft shows? I know someone who owns a really nice craft store in Pekin, email me if you want more details. I also help with a craft show at my son's school that is Nov in Canton. The craft show is a fundraiser for our parent's group and we had about 50 crafters last year. There are lots of craft shows out there and it is a way to get your name out, granted it will mean giving up weekend time! Most are relatively inexpensive to set up $20-50

why not set up a show in-house? or check for local craft shows?

There is a store in downtown Algonquin called Materna Wellborn. It is advertised as having "resources for mothers of breatfed babies". I have only been in it a couple of times. Although it really is a great resource for breastfeeding advice, supplies, and such, they also do sell stuff that is handmade such as clothes, blankets, and toys. It would be a great place to go into and inquire about selling the stuff there. The website is www.maternawellborn.com. They also do have classes for mother and child too such as signing and general play groups; just in case you might be looking for something like that in the future. =)

In Morton there is a shop called Ackerman's downtown (they have Ackerman's farm where they sell lots of stuff to) but the downtown one is on Main st and they sell lots of cute baby items that are handmade. You might want to try them.

I dont know of any particular stores but have you ever heard of One WeeK Boutique? Its a giant sale for baby and childrens clothes, toys, equipment etc held in Champaign twice a year. The next one is coming up on April 11 I think and I just recieved an email with some info and remember reading something about vendor booths where she could set up for the weekend. It would probably be really great exposure because this is supposed to be a HUGE event with lots of mamas and grandmas present! Check out the website oneweekboutique.com for more info.

L., Where are you located? I chair a craft show in Aurora in December if she is interested I can put her on the list to contact in december. Those items would go very well.
sherry

tell her to get on etsy.com. they sell gorgeous hand made stuff from all of the world! great prices. i shop on it and a friend here sells sweaters on it. i've bought baby gifts on it too!

1 / 3