Home/Natural Remedy Cure for Vomiting in 2Yr Old

Hi Moms! My 2yr old son has started vomiting about 10am this morning and vomited quite a bit. It's 3pm in the afternoon and he's vomited 2 more times and slept a lot. I feel sooo sad that he feels this awful, do any of you know of any natural remedies or something that I can give him that will help ease his nausea? Thank you in advance!

Hi again Moms! Thank you all for your suggestions! After I posted Dereon woke up from a nap and still wasn't feeling good, so I bundled him up and went to the store to get some Pedialyte, chicken noodle soup and crackers. (I hadn't had an responses at this time, so did what I thought would help.) Upon giving him the Pedialyte, he seemed to become more alert and active...a good sign to me he must be feeling well. So, I heated up the chicken noodle soup and immediately he was hungry and ate the entire can! I also fed him some crackers and he was back to his normal little self! What a relief! It must have been a "bug" that he caught! In the future I will definitely try out your suggestions! Merry Christmas ladies!!!

My pediatrician suggested giving my daughter heavy syrup from a can of peaches. She said its like giving my daughter Emetrol. I was to give it to her a tsp at a time.

Anything peppermint will soothe his stomach. Let him suck on a candy cane or dip a toothpick in some peppermint oil and let him suck on it. You can also buy or make peppermint tea with mint leaves or dissolve some peppermint into some water to drink.

You're main concern is going to be whether he's hydrated. This happened to my daughter last year -- any time we'd star trying to offer fluids, she'd vomit again. Because the doc (and me!) were concerned about dehydration, she prescribed a phenegran gel. You just rub it on their wrists and it relieves nausea. Worked wonderfully and we only needed to use 1 of the little pre-measured tubes of medicine to stop the vomiting. I'd see if the pharmacy could just fill a partial prescription. I think it was originally about a dozen little tubes, and the pharmacist had the forethought to ask if we wanted to just pick up a few tubes and come back the next day if we needed more.

sorry you are going through this. We are going through it right now. What we do is give our children, 8 and 5 yr olds something called "charcoal" from the healt food store. Your body is obviously trying to get the foreign substance out. What the charcoal does is absorbs the foreign material and he will poop it out and no more vomiting right away. It stops the vomiting almost immediately. I have to open the casule and pour it in some gatorade so they can drink it. Works everytime. hope that helps.

If your child is vomiting, it is most likely he has either some kind of virus or food poisoning. If that's the case, there's not much I know of that you can give him to stop the vomiting-his body is trying to get rid of the stuff that's making him sick. The main thing is to keep him hydrated. Give him Gatorade in a sippy cup, or something that we do that our kids like is to get the powder gatorade and make it just a bit stronger than the directions call for, and pour it into popsicle molds. It's comforting(my kids always want popsicles when they're sick-even the big ones!)and keeps them hydrated. Also, try giving him some peppermint tea with honey-I think one year old is the time when honey's safe for kids to have. That's good for tummy problems and is gentle on the body. You might also check into whether it's safe to give him activated charcoal-they sell it in capsules at health food stores. Also, apple cider vinegar-put a teaspoon in a small amout of water or juice(1/4 cup)and see if he'll drink that. It's pretty gross but works well for stomach issues.

Hope whatever your son has passes quickly!

I would take your 2 yr old to the doctor immediately.

I have used fennel tea in the past. The last time I needed it and could not find it locally I bought fennel seed in the spice aisle and steeped it in a tea ball. It worked like a charm.

ginger is always what people have recommended to me. i slice up some fresh ginger and put it in hot water to drink.

1 / 3