Home Made Butt Paste Recipes (With Maalox) for Severe Rash~

When my daughter was little, the Dr recommended some concoction for her frequent outbreaks of horrid (bleeding open sores..the whole bit) diaper area rash. Often it was yeast involved as well. It would change from one diaper change to the next. We would do as much cloth diapering as we could when at home, etc and that helped a ton (water only paper towel wipes as well).

But I do not remember what the recipe for the Maalox included concoction was and a friend is in need (My child is 16 now, so it was many years ago for me!). Anyone have a tried and true recipe?

TIA!

I remember it like yesterday! It was maalox and corn starch. My son suffered the same bleeding, yeast-type rashes. He is almost 7 now and dealing with the bleeding rashes was one of the hardest parts of being a new Mommy.

Have you bought the product called BUTT PASTE? It is a miracle worker!!! I bought it because the name made me laugh. It is awesome and does not sting a bit on the kids bums.

My nephew had a horrible rash like that, and nothing was helping. My SIL finally used just plain cornstarch on it, and it worked like a charm. It was almost instantly better, and mostly cleared up within a day.

I haven't tried it but I used to work with a nurse who swore by 1 part noxema to 2 parts maalox.

I have an inhome daycare and this is the stuff I use. Bag balm, Pond's cold cream and Maalox. I think it is equal parts. I swear by this stuff! I also use an antifungal cream with it. Antifungal first, then butt goop. Good luck!

A friend of mine, she wiped her son's infected area with a soaked cotton ball of the maalox, and let run naked to air dry.... not sure if that helps

It's Maalox and Vaseline.. It works so good, it's AWESOME.. I used it for all 3 of my kids.

Butt Paste never helped my son. I started putting on a generic antifungal cream and then putting aquifor over that. It worked fabulous!!!

1 / 3