Hole on My C-section Incision

I had a baby boy by c-section about 4 months ago... last night, i noticed i had a hard bump under neath the incision. Well in the middle of the night, i got up to use the bathroom, and noticed i had a blood stain on my pajama pants(the part that lays on my waist. where i was cut), when i looked at my incision, it was draining blood and fluids from a pin sized hole. Now this morning i look at the hole again, and its almost as big as a dime. Im scared to go to the doctor because when i had my daughter who is now gonna b three, i had caught an infection on my first incision and i had to be hospitalized for about two weeks meaning, i could not be home with my newborn.... i dont want this to happen again, especially since i am exclusively breast feeding. Any advise anybody?

I called to make an appt. with the ob clinic that i go to, but unfortunatly they are closed due to the holiday... so as bad as it may sound, i will just have to wait and make an appt tomorrow.

Staying home from the doctor is not going to prevent an infection! GET OVER THERE BEFORE IT GETS WORSE!

GO TO THE DOCTOR ....... this is not something to mess with. You will be gone longer if this infection or what ever it may be is not taken care of now. Now go go go! Best of luck!

You do need to go to the doctor. I had this happen twice with my first two c-sections. You need to get to the doctor so that you don't get hospitalized. With both of my wounds opening, I was able to receive care at home. A home nurse came each day to pack my wound for several months. In both cases, this did not affect my babies' breastfeeding.

Umm better to be hospitalized for two weeks then dead from complication. Not to be so harsh but really it's the truth. I just missed the first three weeks of my daughters life mow 8 weeks old. Spend many long sad days in ICU but I survived and so did she. She is now breastfed and bottle fed breast milk and is doing just fine. Don't see why your daughter would now do just as fine also.

no no no. you must go to the doctor! I am very anti-doctor/ anti-hospital, but you MUST go and go now! I am not an alarmist normally, and I despise those who encourage hospitals for small things, but if this is hard (is it warm, too?) and the hole is growing that fast you need to go now. Some bacteria multiply in numbers at a rate of 2x/ 20 minutes. Don't wait any longer. This could be an MRSA infection, a staph infection, E. Coli infetction, something serious. It is eating your flesh and draining white blood cells (pus) which is fighting the pathogen, from what you describe. Where did the hole come from otherwise? I'm am sure the incision had closed soon after the birth.

I am certain that this is NOT normal or healthy. After four months, some discomfort is OK, but this sounds like a serious infection. Don't wait another second, please call your doctor and let them know you are coming in.

In the worst case if you are hospitalized (they can't make you stay) it is better to be there fighting this than dying at home. I'm not trying to be dramatic, this really sounds alarming.

Please let us know when you're OK. I'll be praying for you.

Oh my! Girl, you NEED to get to the hospital NOW. It may be nothing, but which is worse? Not getting it looked at ending up with a serious issue or missing out on a feeding?

This is not usual for c-sections. You must go to the doc right away so you won't get an infection. I'm surprised it's been 4 months after surgery as it usually happens days or weeks later. It's a blood pocket that forms and yes becomes a hole. That two myself and it was hell trying to treat it at home and it's not unusual for it get infected no matter how you do things right. To end up in the hospital would mean you didn't get care early enough. Go to the doc right away to avoid a hospital stay!

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HarrisburgPAChat
events and chat within 2 hour radius

I'm glad that you will be getting it looked at. I had an absess (where fluid collects under the skin) in my 2nd c-section. My dr. had to re open it & I had to clean & pack it for a few weeks. If I hadn't done this it would never have healed. It's better to have it fixed now instead of possibly having an infection run a muck though your body.

God bless!

1 / 3