Highschool Boy Graduation Gift

Any ideas for high school graduation gift for a boy? I know there's always the gift card or cash, but I'd like something more useful. He's going to college. Something for his dorm?

Laundry baskets are always good...a roll of quarters, laundry detergent, laundry basket. Towels with his name on it (so they don't get misplaced), new school supplies, yes, he probably has some, but it's nice to have a new highlighter, pencils, pens, folders, sticky notes, etc. You can also do a robe or shower wrap. Also a toiletry bag, and you can always put toiletry's in it like toothbrush, toothpaste, mouth wash, shaving cream, razor, etc. Remember if he's going to college, he'll be traveling, so he may not have a bag for his toiletries, hanging bag for clothes, suitcase or duffel bag. I do embroidery so I usually do something with their name on it. Let me know if you want me to add a name for you! www.institches.biz

Two gifts I really liked when I was a graduate (well, I didn't like them but they came in handy). I got a toolkit and a medical kit. On the dorm hallway, I was very popular move in day because I was the only girl with a hammer and nails for girls to hang up their pictures and put together their TV stands. I figure as a guy, he could be popular with the gals!

I do like the gift card idea, but if you are looking for a "solid" gift, you could give him a flashlight to "light the way" or a multi-tool kit that might come in handy for setting up a dorm room-hanging pictures, connecting computer equipment, assembling shelves, etc. and a tape measure for all kinds of stuff.

when i was going to move out i needed all the cash i could get and to be honest a gift card, while it seems not personal, is a great choice. you could also go with things you think you might have needed when moving out such as, depending on your spending allowance, a computer, a cell is a must, running vehicle properly checked like oil changes etc, perhaps cooking tools pots pans etc, why dont you try asking what do you need help with? or what would you like?

that is hard bc you dont really know what he will like/need. when i was in college i spent a ton on books and would have liked a school bookstore gift cert (but you dont know it if is covered in fin. aid or anything) I would have also liked a card for food at the local places to eat so I did not have to live of of cafe food. or maybe a gas card to pay for gas on the way to work...i know this is all kinda boring, but useful.

My brother is about to graduate, and I got him a sweatshirt and key chain from his school. Every college student loves to sport their colors, so if you are on a budget I would browse his school's bookstore online and see what you come up with! (Also, then he can exchange it when he gets to school if something doesn't fit.)

I agree with the food and gas gift cards and cash. or something they can use in a dorm blankets(if they don't go to college they can use it in thier apartment) clock, body wash deodrant, space savers, toothpaste all the boring but necessary things in life. when my son was away at school he had limited space and all had to fit in a small area so travel size things make a big difference. clothes boring but we all know they are needed and they won't have the money for these when they first move out. wether its college or an apartment. :) wallet, watch, pajamas if he is going to college. and laundry baskets that fold up when not in use. to transport clothes to laundrymat or your house what ever. microwave if they can have one in a dorm or if they are getting an apartment necessity. restricted space makes christmas and birthdays a nightmare so we did a lot of gift cards so he could buy what was needed along the way. his cash could go for fun. Cell phone. calling cards.

think about what would you need if you were in his/her shoes. What was the hardest to buy when you were moved out on your own at first. that is what he needs not necessarily what he wants but he will appreciate it. Mine was begging for gift cards when he was away at school. sonic cards and wal mart the ones he wanted the most.

C'mon now!!! COLD HARD CASH!!! Thats what boys like....come to think of it....girls too!!!! :)
My nephew graduated and I found myself in the same "what do I get him, spot".....C-note...100 bucks...saw buck....its the right size, color and makes him happy!!! 18 year old boys dont want "nick-nacks"....they want green!!!
If you are that content in getting a present, wrap it up in some dough....that will put a smile on his face!!!

1 / 3