Hideous Cystic Acne on My Face! How Do I Get Rid of It?

Hi Moms! I have a history of acne but there is this disgusting cystic-looking monster pimple cluster thing next to my right ear. I have to go to work tomorrow after having five days off (which was apparently enough time for this thing to take over my face!) and I can not stand having this thing hanging out on my face! What do I do? I've tried to squeeze it but it hurts to squeeze and it doesn't seem to want to pop! I know I risk infection if I stick a pin in it but... what do I do?!?!

I got on birth control and it's going away. Must be hormonal!

when I was a teen, I used toothpaste to dry them out?? but I woudl head to the drugstore and by some drying acne lotion/treatment

Try and get in to see the dermotologist as soon as you can.

You can request a shot of cortisone directly into the cyst. It will dry it up and you will see results overnight. I know this is not a very appealing treatment, but I suffered with cystic acne for years and have had many a shot in the face. It is a quick fix and I have never experienced and side effects whatsoever.

Do not pick at it!!! Do not poke it!!! You will wind up with a scar you wished you never had.

Try applying a warm compress to the cyst and take some Tylenol for the pain.

I totally feel your pain.

In the end, it was only birth control that fully controlled my cystic acne. The cause is most commonly hormonal.

Good luck and no matter how tempting....don't pick!!!

Peace.

Please do not try to pop or break it. It could just break and spread out further under the skin.
Go to a dermatologist. This will sound scary, but they can inject you with something that will completely shrink it.
I worked with a girl who had cystic acne and that's what she did. They use such a tiny needle that it doesn't leave a mark and you don't even feel it.
I went to a dermatologist because I had a precancerous thing on my leg. I mentioned that I had a thing on my cheek that never went away. It wasn't like a normal pimple and it hurt. He stuck a little needle in it and it's gone. That was years ago. I have no idea what it was, but it worked.
It could be a type of boil too, so definitely have it checked out. Don't mess with it anymore without seeing a doctor for it.
The sooner the better.

Best wishes.

I had cystic acne. Five years ago I went on accutane. It's not for everybody, but it CURED my acne. I am thankful every day for a zit-less face! You really need to see a dermatologist to find out what your options are. Home remedies just don't work. Been there, done that. (And what you are describing could be a cyst. You shouldn't squeeze or poke at it. That will just cause more infection.)

By squeezing it, you are causing more inflammation and making it go deeper. For cystic acne, you really need to see a dermatologist. There is no real cure for this over the counter. To take down the pain and reduce a little of the inflammation, crush an ibuprofen (it has to be ibuprofen, not Tylenol) into lemon juice (water is OK, too) and make a paste. Put the paste on the spots and cover with a bandaid over-night. Take 2 ibuprofen orally, as well. This will only make it feel a little better. Like I said, you need to see a dermatologist. And stop squeezing!!! You'll cause it to infect, get bigger, and scar!!

I would say go to the dermatologist and get it take care of as someone else suggested. While your there get an RX of Differin gel to keep on hand for the next time. I get cystic type acne on occasion & Differin gel works great. They make a generic for it too.

Hi N.,

My daughter uses a line of acne products called ZAP-IT. Her biggest issue is her diet. The Zap-it works but she has to be consistent with it. High grade tea tree oil will heal it as well. If it's a high grade it won't dry the skin. It absorbs deeeeep into the skin and heals from the inside out, faster than anything I've seen. I'd give it a try on this monster!

God bless,

You might try putting tea tree oil on it and then leave it alone. It has antibiotic properties and can be absorbed through your skin.

I used to suffer from cystic acne and frequent break outs and inadvertently discovered it was caused by dairy. I even had cysts on my ovaries. When I went dairy free, my skin very suddenly cleared up. Within a year, the cysts on my ovaries were gone as well.

Twelve years ago, I had a roommate I shared an apartment with who suffered from acne. She followed my example and went dairy free and her acne also cleared up. She and I still keep in touch and she recently told me that her little brother was visiting her and had a pretty bad breakout. She told him to stop having dairy for awhile and see what happens. He too had all of his acne clear up as soon as he went off of dairy.

There are so many alternative to dairy that it really is worth a shot. Try using soy, almond, rice, and/or coconut milks instead. Go without cheese, substitute a trans fat free, non-dairy margarine for butter. Give yourself at least 10 days of being dairy free and see if it makes any difference for you. Good luck!

1 / 3