Hemp Seed

Hello Ladies,

I would like to know is it safe to take hemp seeds/hemp milk/hemp protein powder while breastfeeding?? I heard about the benefits but not sure if it's okay to take them while breastfeeding??
Also any of you took oatmeal to increase milk supply??? Does it work??

I dont beleive in herbs n such( because i had really bad experiences with them) ie, fenugreek, mother tea...)
But I would like to know any nutrition food that i can have everyday as well as increase milk supply ??

Try taking a breastfeeding class at the Pump Station. There's on in Hollywood and one in Santa Monica. SO informative!-www.weelicious.com

Here is a web suit for breast feeding questions. it is called La Leche League.
http://www.lllusa.org/
I hope it will help you?

The best thing to increase milk supply is to breastfeed (or pump) often and drink lots of water! Good luck and congrats :)

Let me get this straight, you are interested in taking Hemp seeds (herb) which I do NOT advise, but not interested in More Milk Plus/Fenugeek-proven safe for hundreds of years and effective to increase breast milk production? Ok -NO to Hemp, and YES I ate oatmeal and Yes it helped to increase my milk supply. Yes it tastes better than More Milk plus liquid drops. I ate oatmeal for breakfast with walnuts and dates and I also ate many many many oatmeal rasin cookies...which I ate I am sure because I was craving them...but they have oatmeal in them and are better For you than choc chip...and look if you get desparate to make more milk- you can just try the fengugreek....
(I used it occasionally to increase supply-but it was hard w twins to keep up w everything to do, remember to take etc...)

Best of luck with the breastfeeding, everyone says it but really it goes by so quicky....

um hemp is classified as a herb.

I'm puzzled about the "don't believe in herbs..." What's not to believe in? They work!

How can you not 'believe' in herbs and yet you are willing to take a hallucinagen?!
Plus, herbs ARE milk encouraging foods. Though if you had a bad experience in the past with specific herbs, you are right to be cautious. (Hemp is an herb)
Some more mild options I have tried, no way to know how well they worked, but they are all healthy foods;
oatmeal, alfalfa sprouts, lots of water, soups, cooked leafy greens like spinach, kale, swiss chard, collard greens, avoid parsley
Ask a lactation consultant about this. She will have the best advice.

Hi- Oatmeal works for me and I can see the result pretty clearly. Also- I buy fenugreek sprouts from a guy at our local farmer's market and sprinkle them on my salad.
I hope this helps.

What really helped increase my milk supply was juicing organic fruits and vegetables. Make sure you add carrots because they have lots of protien. Also, having all natural protien shakes helped and was a quick snack, I would add rice milk, raw spinach, raw almond butter, fresh mixed berries, bananas, rice protien powder and Udos oil for omegas.
You can even add a pear, mango, pineapple, tofu, raw oatmeal, flax powder, whatever you like. It is good to mix it up a bit. This is packed with real live vitamins and great for you and baby. Best of luck!
E.

You should ask your Doctor... I have never seen the seeds for sale in a store??? I don't know what the seeds contain, versus the real plant itself.
This is an "herb" you know.

ALSO, you should first seek the advice of a professional Lactation Consultant, about increasing your milk production...they would also guide you on what to take and not to take, and how things affect your baby.

Don't guess at it, ask a Lactation Consultant... and you want to make sure you are feeding on demand (which also helps milk production since it is a supply and demand thing), AND make sure your baby is latching on PROPERLY... otherwise, your baby will not be getting enough intake and/or your milk supply can be affected.

ALSO make sure you are hydrated and drinking lots of water... even during nursing. And eat healthily and adequately throughout the day.

Susan

1 / 3