HELPPP Poison Ivy Weeping Horribly!!!

Okay I need help This is the second time I have got into poison Ivy!! last time I had it on my face, neck, lower back and legs. I got it before it became to bad and all healed well. Now I have it on both my lower legs and a spot on my leg about five inches long and one and a half inches wide and it has blistered (I think thats what you call it it) and is weeping uncontrolably! This morning is was weeping a little, and I put three pieces of gauze across it to keep it from getting on my pants and boots, and it has just gotten a whole lot worse, I'm scared to put more gauze on it and it get even worse I have been putting calimine,benydryll, oatmeal baths, and used a product called zanfell(thats suposed to draw out the oil) and it is still getting worse. Any one have any home remidies that will stop this weaping! its gross, it weaps so much in a few minutes it is running down my leg!! PLEASE HELP ME (not to mention it hurts and itches like heck!

YOU might try Tea Tree oil, you can buy it at good old Wally WOrld. YOu will find it over in the make up area. Look for the fake nail supplies and it should be right there.

Rhus toxicum - it's a homeopathic remedy that can work GREAT for poison ivy. It worked better than anything else for my son's poison ivy recently. You can find it at the Whole Foods Market, or many health food stores.

Try taking an oral dose of benadryl. If that doesn't help then you need to go to the docotor. The poison ivey might get infected if it is weeping.

Go to the health food store and get a homeopathic remedy called Rhus Tox. The brand is Boiron and is one of the largest manufacturers of homeopathic remedies in the world. It is in a blue tube.

Anyway, you get 3-5 pellets and put them under your tongue and let them dissolve. The remedy should cost under $10, usually about 7-8. (maybe more with inc. shipping costs)

The last time I got bad poison ivy where it was weeping, I took the remedy in the parking lot of the store and by the time I got home the itching and the weeping had stopped. You will only need to take a few dosages.

When you get the tube, it will say that the use is for muscle soreness so don't let that confuse you. It is for many things.

lye soap is the answer. I don't know how close an atkins is to you or other health food store but that really works will dry it up in just a coupld of days. We buy ours at silver dollar city every year. with a long list for family and friends. I would definitely see the doctor. with open soars like that you run the risk of secondary infection or poison ivy in the blood stream and then you are in a mess. It seems to me you are definitely allergic more than just a normal exposure and you need medical help to keep it under control and keep out breaks down. good luck

I am so sorry to hear about your painful reaction to poison ivy. I am corrently on the end of an attack myself. I can't imagine going through it twice so soon! Two things helped with the itching...# 1 don't get too hot and second 1% Cortizone cream that some have in their medicine cabinet. I also used a spray called Stop Itch that had menthol in it that helped cool the itch. My dr. told me the weeping does not spread the poison ivy. If it is still spreading, she says that you are still coming in contact with the poison ivy source. She got it from clearing some land. After she finished her job, she kept her gloves on and drove home. After that each time she held the steering wheel she came in contact with the oil again and got more leisions. I did find a generic drug for Atarax to help control the itching. Unfortunately, I am have another few health issues so we had to go to a steroid to suppress the immune system to keep this undercontrol. Hopefully you are younger and will not have to go thorugh that!

The thing that has worked best for me and poison ivy is hot compresses. Take a wash cloth and put water as hot as you can stand it on the cloth and then apply it to the poison ivy. The itching will intinsify briefly and then stop. This will help it dry out also. It is a process and will not be dry immediately. Repeat this as often as needed. It really helped me. Good luck!

I....too....have poison ivy and it has been horrible!!!! I was at the point that I would try anything to get rid of it. Someone told me a remedy that the old timers used and it seems to help me with the severe itching and spreading. They say to dip a tea bag into rubbing alchol and let sit for awhile(til it gets a brown color). The alcohol will dry the posion ivy (caution though it will burn at first), but you will get some relief. Let me know how it works for you.

I also went to the doctor and got the normal shot, cream, and pill pack of steroids.I also used the Zanfel (thank goodness for that because it was a great way to scratch without using your nails, but I think that it ended up spreading it. So I would use that only when you need immediate relief.

Try salt water,it will burn but it will also dry it up

We have used a home remedy that was very effective and I hope it will be for you. We shave about a 3 inch square of bark from a sycamore tree off a branch(you can use a potato peeler)Put it in a cup of water in a small sauce pan and boil it. The water will turn red. Drink about 1/2 of the water and dab your poison ivy with the remaining water.(Throw the bark away.) Do this up to 3 days in a row, once a day. If you don't see some results you should go to the doctor. I hope you have a sycamore tree or know someone that does. Good Luck.

1 / 3