Help....5 Ft Tall in 4Th Grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know of a place that sells age appropriate clothes for girls that are tall. I would really like to shop for my daughter in the section that you would shop for a typical girl in 4th grade. Its been really hard..she is thin and very tall for her age. Help!!

Hi B.,

I agree with SH about the skinny sizes. My youngest girl is very tall for her age as well and because of the styles today we can shop for a skimpy little dress and use it as a blouse over jeans. It also is a lot more modest....

My daughter.... is in 3rd Grade, is 7 years old... and is between 4.5-5 feet tall and is thin. Her classmates are the same. ALL tall kids.

My girl, wears a size 8 or 10... or size large or medium.
I get her clothes from Old Navy or Kids Gap or "The Children's Place". Its been fine. I can always find clothes for her.
these stores, also have 'skinny' sizes.'
Her shoes, are size 3. But still growing.
I have not had trouble finding shoes for her at kids shoe stores.... skechers for example.

Kids clothing stores, WILL have sizes that fit her. Even department stores or Macy's things like that.
ALSO Target has great kids clothes. I get clothes there for my daughter too.

all the best,
Susan

Hi B.,

What about having her wear leggings and skirts or capris so that the inseam isnt a big issue?

Maybe try shopping online.

Penney's, Land's End at Sears and catalog, Old NAvy slim, Levi's slim
You can order Lands' End from the catalog by waist size and then specify the inseam.

My kids were all very tall for their age, including my now 8 year old who is only a couple of inches behind your daughter. There are many more options now than when my oldest (now 19) was a tween. Adjustable waist pants are great. Most Children's place and Gap pants are adjustable now, and many others from other stores as well. We also like the casual pants that can be worn long or have tabs on the side to roll up as capris. That way if they get too short to wear as pants but still fit around the waist, she can still wear them as capris. Skinny jeans are more forgiving than regular as well, because you can get away with shorter ones, or put them with high top shoes. Love Children's place (especially the outlet) and I agree that Justice has great options---and my daughter loves their styles. Lots of their tops are very long so that helps. (As sweatshirts/sweaters get too short, they often look fine layered over a long tank/tee, rolling the sleeves if necessary) They also carry many items in the upper sizes (16-20), so even as she grows, she won't have to transition into junior sizes too early for her age. They can be a little pricey, but If you get on their email list, they often send coupons that are good for 40% off everything. And definitely check their clearance racks. For shoes, keep in mind that a girls 4 is the same as a women's 6 (and 5 same as 7). There are quite a few flats in women's sizes that work for this age.

I was 5'2 in the 4th... TOTALLY empathize with you. It's doublly hard, because MOST little girl's clothes are actually on the sexy side, but when your little girl isn't so little, you *notice* that. Instead of "ohhhh, how CUTE" it becomes "WHOA...waitta sec".

For both now and later, I HIGHLY suggest UK clothes. For one, their sizing is better, and 2nd, they're classier. MUCH less Britney Speares than American clothes. Yes, they are pricier than target, but I've been shopping both of these stores for 5 years (for my son from Boden, and myself from Sally), and the clothes last until my son GROWS OUT OF THEM!!! and are still in good enough condition (usually) to hand down. Not even gap comes close for durability (my son is adhd, he puts his clothes through the wringer).

http://www.bodenusa.com/Girls-Clothing.html and the teen version is here
http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Johnnie-B-Clothing.html#nav

((MAJOR trick with boden/miniboden/johnnieB... only order 1 item. Once you're on the mailing list you will *never* pay full price again. Their 3 most frequent deals are "Buy 3 get 1 for a penny" and "$25 dollars off your order of $125 or more" and "20% off". I try and wait for their buy 3, because it's the best deal, but it only happens 2 or 3 times a year.))

And where *I* shop for most of my things (a 36" inseam is almost impossible here in the states)
http://us.longtallsally.com/

((One more hint for later on... here in the US... I also shop in the pregnancy dept for tops. Because they are LONG enough to cover my navel, and no one is going to know the black camisol is actually a pregnancy camisol unless the read the tag. BUT the durn things have a good 4-8 inches of extra length.))

R.
6'1"

My daughter just turned 7 two months ago. She is what most say a very fit and muscular girl. She is not thin but has no fat on her. She is not built like a typical new 7 yo. She is 47 inches, wears a traning bra (yes she has pooches) and has a bottom on her.

Becuase she is soo tall she is wearning size 12s we get most of her stuff at Justice. They have slims there too. We go when the store is 40% which is always!!! Also raid their clearance we got skinny jeans the other day for $5!!! Normal $40.

1 / 3