Help with VBS craft-Story of Daniel and the Handwriting on the Wall!!

Hey Moms! I need your help. I am working to write the curriculum for part of our Vacation Bible School that will begin in about two weeks. I have the skit, know what I am doing for the lesson, but my craft fell threw. The company that I was ordering from said that it was backordered and would not be available until after our VBS. I am in charge of the story of Daniel and the handwriting on the wall taken from Daniel 5 in the Bible. Does anyone have any craft suggestions? Please share. I am a little stressed out and desperate.Thanks!

Don't know if this could really work -- but you could make little squares of something -- say cardboard -- and if you paint it with the paint from Home Depot that you can use on walls to make a wall a chalk board -- each child could make their own 'hand-writing on the wall' piece with chalk.

Just a thought -- Good Luck!

http://www.mssscrafts.com/oldtestament/writingonwall.htm

That is a website that I used to use when I was over our children's ministry for crafts and many other ideas. I copied the link to the page that corresponds to Daniel 5. There are a lot of great ideas! Enjoy, and thanking for serving our children! God Bless!

here's what i did for fathers day - Michaels had a sale on real painters canvas but you could use any surface - I let the kids color the whole background with paint - let it dry and then put their handprints in white paint on the art - it looked awesome - you could then label each with pen how each child was most like God, their gifts, etc.
Like fingerpainting but permanent art -

Maybe you could use small picture size portions of poster board, cut out a big hand of construction paper, and glue yarn (or some type of material) like it is the writing on the wall. Maybe in gold or red!!!!

I don't know where you initially tried to order from but you should check Oriental Trading if you haven't. That is where we order tons of stuff for our VBS. http://www.orientaltrading.com is the site. You can have things shipped quickly and they have lots of crafts already designed and ready for the kids to put together. Good luck.

You could decorate small chalk boards (5 x 7)or dry erase boards for them to take home and hang in their rooms. You can buy them at any hobby store and then let them glue foam shapes, stickers, buttons etc..., or if they're old enough, paint the edges with paint pens.

Have you done a search on the Internet? There's a website-www.rotation.org that has all kinds of ideas. I found it by Googling "workshop rotation."

Just thinking off the top of my head here. Why don't you ask people in the church to donate any old gloves they have that they don't have matches for or that they wouldn't mind donating. You could stuff the gloves maybe? Have the index finger sticking out, put it on the end of the dowell, tape some newsprint on the wall, dip the finger in tempera paint and see how well each child with their hand can write their name or draw a smiley face. I think they'd get a big kick out of trying that and watching others try as well. A smiley face may be better because it would be quicker than each person trying to write his or her name. To send it home, they could mount the glove on a smaller dowel fitting just inside the glove and affixed to some sturdy cardboard so that the glove is pointing upward, with the message, "Always look up to God." Again, use Google and put in something like "hand steeple." I know of two churches that have a hand pointing upward on their steeples. I think that is kind of cool.

Make a scroll. Use dowl rods or popcicle sticks and paper. Have them write the Bible verse on the scroll. Tie it with a ribbon.

check out www.orientaltrading.com for crafts. They have a section of "inspirational crafts". They are very reasonable and varied. You can get overnite shipping.

1 / 3