Help with Skin Problems

I have skin problems. My face and back. I break out often and I'm a picker. I know that doesn't help but I can't help it. I don't like chemicals and have a problem spending money on things like this. I never know what to get and sometime when I do buy something it has bad reactions to my skin. I have sensitive skin. I want something easy. I’m not very good with all the steps. I have even gone to the point of changing laundry soap, shampoo, no dairy, cutting out coffee. I watch what I eat and the only bad thing I put in my body is sugar once a week. I have gone back to coffee a couple times a week but just one cup. I’m not sure what to do. I don’t like to take medication. So asking for something is not really my style. I will break out the home remedy book before calling a Dr. I do know once I have something that works I tend to stick to it. Any suggestions would be welcomed.
Thank You
J. D.
PS. I think all you mothers are amazing. I really like mamasource and have to give it some kudos. Thank you.

I have the same problem and I noticed that I pick more when I'm anxious. Have you noticed when you pick? As for something that will help, I like Mary Kay. It's expensive, true, but it works for me. It's the only body lotion that I'm not allergic to. Also I don't use soap at all except shampoo for my skin. It sounds weird but it works better than soap. Good Luck.

J., I've found that any over-the-counter face wash that contains benzoyl peroxide (10%) works really well. It does sort of dry out my skin, and it also has a bleaching effect on clothes. However, it keeps my skin clear, which is worth it I think. :) See how it works. I know Clean and Clear makes a product with this in it...and maybe Oxy 10?
My husband's going back to school too. :)
~L.

When I was younger I went to see a doctor about my skin. He said that one thing you should do everyday is change your pillow cases. He said that the oil from you face gets on it and then you are just putting your clean face back into the oil every night when you sleep. I have found that really helps for me. Good luck.

I have eczema very badly and in the last year I have found one line of natural products that I can actually use on my skin and my face that has helped me a ton...It is called Arbonne. It is a whole welness line and there are lots of vitamins and lotions and creams, I know that it is the only thing in 28 years that is not a steroid cream that has helped me. If you are interested give me a note back and I can give you a name of someone who could help you learn alot more about it, cause I don't sell it, I just use it!

I had many problems with it also and the only thing that I changed was how much water I drank and how much I exercised. I drink atleast 60 ounces of water a day and get some sort of physical activity everyday. I do weight training three days a week for 30 minutes and cardio five times a week for 1 hour. You don't have to do that much to see results; atleast 30 minutes a day will do it for you...I just needed to lose the baby weight anyway, lol! I hope it helps!

A couple of ideas. I have gone to the best dermatologist in the area we used to live and he told me Dove sensitive skin for bath soap and his exact words were wash only where you are dirty. Also, Tide with Bleach for laundry soap and NO fabric softener. You can also rinse your laundry twice. One thing my primary care dr. said was sometimes when we have a virus we can break out and you need to take meds to clear it up. One last thought is ONE round of doxyciclene. I CAN NOT take it, but it may clear you up and then you can retrain yourself not to scratch. Remember you have to try one path for a little while, sometimes changing meds, creams, treatments too often is worse then no treatment. Oh yea and eucerine cream is GREAT - our pedi recommended that. If you don't like antibiotics, rubbing alcohol topically EVERY DAY may help clear it up.
Drink water, LOTS and LOTS of water!
Another thing you may try is garlic oil pills. You will probably need to take one a day for the whole bottle and that will clean your blood. Good luck skin conditions are a pain in the but and they take time to clear up.

~L.

J., I just joined the group, but I saw your posting, and may have something you would be interested in. I work from home with a company called Arbonne International. We have skin care that WORKS! If you would be open to trying a free sample, I would love to talk to you and see if I may be able to help, I personally know how having sensitive skin can be so challenging, ( I am a fair skinned, sensitive red head:)
Please contact me at your leisure:
###-###-#### or if more convenient: ____@____.com
Blessings, and Happy V day!
~M. Malkin:)

It is so frustrating to have skin problems. It can really hurt your self-esteem and self-image. I have had problems in the past too. I started making my own products in an attempt to help my skin and stay away from harsh chemicals. Avoid products with alcohol and do not use anything with mineral oil. It clogs your pores and won't allow it to breath or heal. Good luck

1 / 3