Help with Morning ( All Day) Sickness!!!!

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with my second child. I did not have any kind of sickness with my first child and now I am sick all the time with this one. I was spoiled the first time. I am constantly nauseaus and it usually gets worse at night while I am sleeping. I have tried eating the small meals and keeping crackers by my bed but that doesn't seem to work. The littlest tasks seems like the biggest deal because I don't feel good all day long. I can not go anywhere without being afraid that I am going to get sick. I know this happens to a lot of pregnant women it just didn't happen to me the first time so any help would be appreciated.

Congrats on the pregnancy! I experienced severe sickness with my third and last child. The only thing I found to help me was drinking Ice Tea. I don't know why, but it soothed my stomache everytime. Hot tea works for some people too, but the iced tea was better for me. I was constantly making tea for the whole nine months, just incase I needed it. Best of luck to ya!

Ginger is a good friend to the pregnant woman. You might also want to try chewing papaya tablets, available at most health food stores. Sip ginger ale and I found that bland mashed potatoes or whole wheat bread mixed with chicken broth helped too.

I was the same way with my daughter! I feel for you its horrible. there is no real way to fix it but I found a list of things that may help a little. Drink Ginger-ail when your feeling sick. Dont stay in bed after you already wake up. Try and get out of your house... I know that sounds like a bad idea but sometimes if you arent cooped up all day to think about it you feel better. At Babies R' us they have little morning sickness drops you can suck on too.

Congrats on your pregnancy! I see that you have received some responses already with advice to use OTC medicines. If you're looking for an alternative way to relieve the nausea without having to take pills, I can tell you what worked for me when I was pregnant. I had pretty bad nausea when I was pregnant for the first 3 months. At first, I tried the crackers and small meals too, but it didn't help. Then I paid more attention to what I ate. I noticed that the smell and taste of beef or pork was the cause of my nausea. Every time I would cook beef or pork or we would go out and I ordered it, I always had nausea. Once I avoided it, I was fine. Now that my daughter is 2 years old, I understand why I had the nausea. Turns out my daughter will only eat chicken. She will not eat any beef or pork, not even a hamburger. Funny thing. I have no problem with eating beef or pork, but I guess the baby didn't want it. Do you think it could be something in your diet that is causing the nausea? If so, try keeping a food diary and see if there is any association with a particular food. Let us know what works for you. Have a safe and restful pregnancy!

Try peanutbutter with crackers before you get out of bed.

Also, my sister had SERIOUS morning sickness with her pregnancy. She lost around 30 pounds in early pregnancy it was so bad and she only weighed about a buck & a quarter to begin with. Her Dr. put her on Zofran. It's supposed to work wonders, but it's expensive! I think they make it in a generic also, but I'm not sure if the generic is as good -check with your Dr.
Good luck!!

Hey C.,
Congratulations on your 2nd baby! I just found out that I was pregnant as well, and was having the same trouble. I prefer to take natural supplements whenever possible, so I asked my nutritionist about it. She gave me a product called "Phosfood", and it has worked really well. You just put a few drops into a glass of water and drink it. If you are want to give it a try, call Lorrie Medford @ Life Design Nutrition. Ph.# ###-###-####

My mom always told me to drink some peppermint tea. It worked for me.

I was that way with all my pregnancies.

Here's a trick I learned with my middle boy, eat protien before you get out of bed in the morning. We chose cheese. I skipped the crackers all together because I had Pre-Eclampsia. I carried peppermints with me every where I went. Peppermint is supposed to help with nausea as is Lemon.

I never drank pop or caffinated drinks to keep the acidity down in my stomach. We also switched from taking my prenatal vitamin at night if it upset my stomach to taking it in the morning so my stomach could rest.

Sleep on your right side to keep the acid from being pushed up into your esophagus. Bending over at the waist can also put pressure on your stomach. Always squat instead keeping your back straight.

hmm, I'll ask my husband what else we did. He remembers that pregnancy a lot better than I do.

Stress can effect this as well.

I would ask your dr. if they could prescribe you something for nausea. A friend of mine was prescribed Finagrin (not sure that is how you spell it, I just spelled it the way it sounds) and she said it worked wonders. Best of luck to you :)

Try this:

In equal amounts, pour pineapple juice, 7-up and cranberry juice together and SIP it slowly throughout the day.
Don't use Sprite b/c it is too sweet and may make you even more nauseaus.

I was pregnant with 7 other women in my office and this worked for ALL of us.

So congrats and good luck!!

1 / 3