Help with Health Care

We just just recently lost our great medical insurance and i had to get on Mo Health Net( Childrens mercy)( and health care USA)and(blue advantage plus)are my choices. I am 6 weeks pregnant and having a REALLY hard time finding an OBGYN that takes this insurance. Does anyone out there have any suggestions or places that they can recommend, or maybe someone in the same situation. I am new to Kansas City MO also and do not have alot of people to ask. Thank you for any help

I had a similar situation, and I started going to For Women Only OBGYN. I'm not sure what part of the city you're in, but the office is located in Overland Park right across from Overland Park Regional Medical Center. You can opt to see a doctor or a midwife, and everyone is wonderful! Their phone number is ###-###-####.

Midwest Women's Healthcare has some great midwives, too, and I recommend Dr. Howard Schwartz from their Research Medical Center office, if you have to have an OB. Also, The Clinic for Women at 44th and Broadway takes one of those insurances offered by MO Healthnet. Good luck!

go to truman medical center on the 6th floor and they will take anyone or you can go to swope parkway health center as well

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I had the same issue. I live near Kearney (North of the River) and not a single doctor North of the River would take me. I called the insurance company (Children's Mercy Family Healthcare) to ask for help. Their suggestion was that I go to clinic in downtown Kansas City and deliver my child at Truman Medical Center. The areas that these places are in are high crime areas and places I wouldn't go in the daytime, let alone feel safe in overnight. Finally I found a board certified OB/Gyn at Cameron Regional Medical Center that accepts Medicaid plans. His name is Daut Gjoni (pronounced Johnny). Cameron Regional is about the same distance from my home as Truman Medical Center but is in a much nicer/safer neighborhood. It's a small hospital, there are only 4 rooms in the maternity ward, but they are really nice rooms. Each has a spare daybed for hubby or whomever to stay with you. They are private rooms with en-suite bathrooms which include jetted tubs. Once the child is born, he/she can either stay in your room with you or if you prefer, can stay in the nursery. The nursery is across from the maternity rooms so all you have to do is look out the door to see your baby. The maternity ward is secured 24 hours. If the nurses at the desk don't "buzz" you in, you cannot enter the ward. So you and your baby are perfectly safe. Dr. Gjoni's office is in the hospital which is really convenient for testing because you don't have to leave the building and he only has to walk down the hall to get the results. I have to warn you that Dr. Gjoni isn't very good at answering questions. He tends to placate rather than just give you the facts, but in spite of that, he's a good doctor. The walls in his office are papered with degrees and honors! He does a sonogram at every visit and lets you hear the baby's heartbeat. You'll get lots of in-utero photos of your little one. I gather from my girlfriends with children that a sonogram at every visit is not a common practice. Before I chose to hire Dr. Gjoni I did research him (no ethics complaints) and I also toured the maternity facility at the hospital and talked with staff. Kansas City is a big town so I don't know if Cameron is a reasonable choice for you but if it is, I strongly recommend Dr. Gjoni and Cameron Regional Medical Center. I hope this helps you. Good luck and congratulations on your blessed gift.

You can choose any of them and go to Midwest Women's Healthcare. Dr Rick Nagy is the BEST doctor!! He is at NKC Hospital. The office number is ###-###-####.

1 / 3