Help with Getting Spit up Stains Out of Clothes That Have Been Stored!

I know that I have read on here how to do this, but I cannot find it and now I am in need of this info! My daughter had severe reflux and spit up constantly. She constantly wore a bib, but some spit up got on her clothes. When I got her old clothes down from the attic the clothes have yellow stains all around the collars. I used spray and wash but that didn't help at all. I think I read something about oxy-clean, but I can't remember what! Thanks!

The only thing that took out most of the stains in my grandson clothes that were stored was soaking in powdered Biz-some of the real stubborn stains need to be soaked for over 3 days but his brother wore nice clean clothes. Do not dry until stains are out.

I have challenged the worst of stains & won. The answer is Biz. But sometimes you must be patient. If a stains doesn't come out in the wash, don't put in the dryer. Here's what I do.
I use a plastic tub a little bigger than a shoe box and put about 1/2 inch of water in it. Then lay the item with the stain up and srinkle Biz on it. You want the biz to get wet but not to float off the stain. What you are doing is making a paste to sit on that stain for a few days without drying up. This has worked for me for many years & I can count on one hand the stains that I couldn't get out. You can also let the Biz sit for one day & scrub the stain but I found that sometimes this messes up the fabric & it's easier to just let it sit a fews days or even a week. I have even on occasion had to do it twice and washing in between.
Best of luck to you.

When my kids were babies I always used Greased Lightening when they had spit up stains, and it worked magic even if the stains were set in. Alls I did was spray the clothes rub it in and wash them. I hope that helps :)

Kristi

I had a few things that helped me.
Made a paste out of Oxyclean powder and water, put it on stains, left until dry, then washed.
Zout gel (not spray) on spot, agitate with fingernail and let sit, then wash.
Wash first in Tide with bleach (and put a little of the tide on the stain too), then wash with baby detergent after stains are out - I know, a lot of washing, but it beats buying new clothes. :)
Some of the stains just would not come out no matter what I did - good luck.
HTH

Kristi

Best of luck to you.

I have found that Oxy Spray works wonders! Spray and let sit for a few hours. Also add the dry oxy powder to the wash.

I think I used Dreft powder.

I use the spot removal product from Melaluca and it works great!

My son had severe reflux as well when he was little.I sprayed his clothes heavily with 409 cleaner before washing them.It almost always worked for me.Hope this helps !

1 / 3