Help with Excema!

My 5 month old has a pretty bad case of excema...she had an outbreak like this at 2 months also. My Pedi. said it is environmental and she will grow out of it. I don't want to use a steroid cream on her. Does anyone know of something that works? Poor baby has it all over her face and head.

Thank you all for such an abundant wealth of information. I have been trying all of the suggestions, Renew lotion, ABC line from Arbonne, and Aveeno and detergent change and cleaning products as well as others. I had to take her in again to the Pedi as she was not responding well to anything I was trying and was to the point of very severe (bleeding)eczema. We had to put a mild cream on her and get her on an antihistamine. After 2 days, it was gone! Sadly, we have had to resort to this, but she is so much better and happier, so now we are starting the regimen of figuring out which bathing and moisturizing brand works best for her to keep from having this outbreak again. Yes the All Free and Clear detergent is helping! Thanks to all you Moms who have shown so much support and helpful advice and to the moms who sent me lotion in the mail. God's blessings on you all.

I've had excema all my life and I'm in my 50s. It will flare up in times of stress and excitement.
I've done all the steroid creams and tried each new one when they came out. There are actually some that make it worse. I suggest a visit with a nutritionist. Over the years I've come to learn that this is an internal problem that manifests externally. In other words, something is lacking in the diet. Some kids are allergic to milk, wheat etc. Cod liver oil did the trick for me. When I take it daily I am fine. If I miss it for a few days, it begins to flare up again. There is flavored cod liver oil available and my own son will take that without a problem. You can also get capsules. You can also open a capsule of Vitamin E and rub it directly on the skin for some quick relief. A nutritionist will be able to guide you to the right answer.

Please give me a call or email me back! I used to have a terrible time with eczema! I found a company that was competitively priced against walmart and the products worked! Eczema is irritated by harsh chemicals and even water. But once I started using the bath oil and lotion it stated to clear up with in a day and was totally cleared up within three days. My youngest son has eczema as well and he also uses the bath oil and lotion. He wasn't even a year old when I found this company it is gentle enough for infants! I want to make my self very clear on this next point, I do not distribute products. I simply show you where and how to get the products. Give me a call or email me today. The company is having a fantastic promotion that will end tomorrow. They also offer a 100% money back guarantee on everything! ###-###-#### or you can respond to this email.
H. M.

$ 48 - Mom-Approved Children's Products + Free Shipping!, 33% Off
$ 25 - Magical Photography for 1 Kid at Enchanted Fairies Studio in Dallas, 90% Off
$ 9 - Starting Under $3! Movie Tickets in Your Area, 55% Off
$ 10 - iPhone Armband, 80% Off
$ 19 - Under $7 a Month! Unlimited Online Yoga Classes, 58% Off
$ 10 - DIY Kit with Sprinkles Cupcakes Mix, 47% Off
$ 10 - Pedometer and Calorie Counter, 74% Off
$ 12 - Chic, Foldable Ballet Flats for Your Purse, 40% Off
$ 20 - Customizable iPhone and Android Cases, 56% Off
$ 20 - Hands-On Kids' Activities + Family Crafts, 50% Off
$ 30 - NPR Feature: 1 Year of Healthy Lunch Plans, 50% Off
$ 10 - Just $10: Chill Towels - Cool Down After Play Time + Alleviate Fevers!, 50% Off
$ 18 - Durable, Washable Name Labels for School, 55% Off
$ 18 - HuffPost Feature: Family-Friendly Weekly Menus, 57% Off
$ 5 - 1-Year Subscription, 58% Off
$ 24 - Resistance Band Set, 59% Off
$ 17 - Award-Winning, Non-Toxic Products for Babies, Moms, and Expecting Moms, 29% Off
$ 25 - Destination-Themed Luxury Products, 50% Off
$ 15 - Educational, Networking, and Advertising Opportunities for Mom Entrepreneurs, 50% Off
$ 27 - Beautifully Handmade, Canvas Growth Charts, 51% Off
$ 20 - Eco-Friendly, Inspirational Modern Art, 50% Off
$ 25 - The 21-Day "Color Yourself Skinny" Diet Detox, 86% Off
$ 65 - Classes and Playtime Package at Kidville in New York, 78% Off
$ 13 - Organic Local Produce Delivery, 50% Off
$ 21 - Organic Local Produce Delivery, 50% Off
$ 23 - Peel & Play Fabric Wall Sets, 49% Off
$ 15 - Healthy Eating System, 50% Off
$ 50 - Magical Photography for 2 Kids at Enchanted Fairies Studio in Dallas, 87% Off
$ 10 - Blythe Eco-Friendly Tote, 44% Off
$ 10 - Allium Grass Eco-Friendly Tote, 44% Off
$ 75 - Magical Photography for 3 Kids at Enchanted Fairies Studio in Dallas, 85% Off
$ 10 - Organic Local Produce Delivery, 52% Off
$ 129 - Display Your Child's Artwork in a Coffee Table Book, 41% Off
$ 22 - Over 60% Off! Manicure and Pedicure + $15 Gift Certificate, 69% Off
$ 145 - Save $100 on the Winter Music Program in San Francisco, 41% Off
$ 16 - Organic Local Produce Delivery, 50% Off
$ 90 - Horseback Riding Lessons, 28% Off
$ 10 - Caramel Eco-Friendly Tote, 44% Off

My 2 yr old son had it as well and I was told antihistamines and steroid cream was the only solution. I found an amazing doctor in Southlake, Dr. James Mahoney, that treated my son and it has cleared up. He treated it from the inside first...some medicine with an external ointment. He is doing so miraculously better that I cant even believe it. I would highly recommend him.

Good morning B.! My son had the same problem and a friend of mine told me about Melaleuca lotions. They worked great and the are all natural - no harsh chemicals and safe for the environment. I would love to give you more information on the products.

###-###-####

Make it a great day!!

Hi, I just wanted to offer up something that worked for us. I have an 18 month old little girl but at the age of 4 months old she broke out in eczema on her back, stomach, and legs. We tried everything including steroid creams and the dr. kept saying that she would grow out of it but it got worse and became inflamed and almost bleeding. A family member of mine suggested Gold Bond lotion and I thought she was crazy but at this point I would try anything! I bought the Gold Bond moisturizing, I think it says Aloe on it and the eczema(inflamed and almost bleeding) was GONE!!!!! OVERNIGHT!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. Give it a try, my pediatrician said he was even going to start telling his patients about it. Please repost and let us know how it goes for you. Good luck!

Have you heard of Melaleuca? They have an excellent product called Renew Intensive Skin Therapy. Check out my wesite and I can get you more information. I hope this helps!
www.livetotalwellness.com/maxwell

K. Maxwell

H. M.

Hello!
Two of my four children have eczema. I noticed it when they were both pretty young. I don't think that anything will cure it. I've only used over-the-counter creams...GOLD BOND cream and Cortizone have really done the trick for me.

You've probably already received alot of answers, I didn't look to see. I do know however, that Arbonne products will get rid of your problem. Look up arbonne.com and you can find a consultant in your area.

My 18 yr old had excema as a toddler. Our derm. told us to use Cetephil as mentioned in many of the responses, Downy dryer sheets, and this bath recipe:
-use the coldest water temperature the person can stand
-pour a cup of salt under the running water to disolve
-soak in bath as long as possible. It went away!

It's an inexpensive try! Good Luck

Yes, I can help you immediately. Use Eucerin Cream in the big tub. Not any of it in the bottle, just the tub.Its hard as heck to rub on, but it will be worth it. My mom told me about it, she used it on my little brother years and years ago. Took me a while to try it and I now wish I would have tried it soooner. I am also 31, stay at home but work 2 days a week. Question for you, how do YOU meet people??