Help with Cats in Heat

Does anyone know of a natural helped for cats in heat? I plan to have them spayed when I can afford it (My local Humane Society states they no longer help with the cost) However for now they are driving me nuts, and I hate to see them in discomfort.

To be honest this is kind of funny. They are not in pain or discomfort. They are just horny. I guess if you want to relieve that then you could run their back near their tails or make a male cat available. Pimping out the neighbors male cat may help in a pinch. Lol. As long as no money is exchanged it is completely legal. Lol.

Hi E., I have lost 4 cats in the past. If you live in Columbus, Ohio there is a place called Cat Welfare###-###-#### and Pet Concern ###-###-####. They are real cheap if they are still in buisness, hope this helps....Get them spayed ASAP.

you can contact FACE they are in the phone book and this is on a sliding scale for the cost. They also do this free depending on were you live.

I am in Summit County and we have a vet's office/shelter that is non profit and does everything for cost . I believe the name is PetGuards shelter . Might be something to look into near you, as this place is in Cuyahoga Falls .

http://www.indiana-paw.com/resources-public.htm#spayneuter

try this link, it has low-cost solutions for spaying... hope it helps hun.

I'm not sure how far from Toledo you are, or how much of an inconvenience it would be to travel here - but there is something called Humane Ohio www.humaneohio.org
that does low-cost spay/neuter.
Also, Planned Pethood www.plannedpethood.org
has options for low cost spay/neuter.

The female goes out of heat after being stimulated by the male. The only so called "home remedy" for this while waiting to spay her sounds truly gross on the human end but it does work. If you GENTLY take a pencil with a soft eraser and rub the outer vulva area it may trick her body into thinking mating has occured and thus take her out of the cycle (for now). Cats are not like dogs with their regular heat cycles about 6 months apart. They can continue to go back into another heat every few weeks. Spaying is the only permanent cure for this. I hope I didn't make anyone sick by sharing this info but I have worked for a Vet office for the better part of 15 yrs and this came straight from the Dr.'s mouth.
P.S. What the other person was referring to when a cat or dog isn't spayed is called pyometria. It occurs in unspayed females and it is an infection in the uterus causing it to fill with pus. They only remedy at that point is an emergency spay or the uterus will rupture hence leaking the toxic infection into the body and causing death. Just another reason to spay/ neuter our beloved pets! Good luck!

You might call Cat Welfare
They are in The Clintonville area in Columbus they use to help with spaying and Nuturing

If memory serves, cats can make themselves go into heat anytime they want to. So... she can do it weekly if she chooses until you are able to get her fixed.

Also, the more heat cycles that a cat goes through, the more chances she has of having some sort of health issues later on. I can't recall now what it is, but I think it's similar to uterine cancer or some such.

1 / 3