Help with Baby's Head Falling Foward

We just moved our daughter into a convertable car seat from her carrier. She fits fine, she is 8 months now, but when she falls asleep in the seat, her head now goes forward on her chest. Obviously her new seat is more upright than the carrier/base. Is there anything I can use for her so her head doesn't fall forward? I checked neck pillows, but I cannot find one that an 8 month old could use. Does anyone have any suggestions? We are going on a car trip next weekend and we need something for her. Thanks!!

She may be too young to move to a convertable car seat just yet. If she fits in her old one, I'd stick with that until she's around a year old. Technically, they should be able to stay in the infant carrier/car seat until they're either 22lbs (I think - it's written on the side of the base) or her head is 1-2 inches from the top.

Hope this helps!

We have the same problem with our 9.5 month old daughter. She is too big for her infant seat because her legs hang over the edge. We were informed that her feet shouldn't touch the seat of the car because of risk of injury to her legs should there be an accident. It seems that her head falls forward in my car more than in my husbands car and I am not sure the reason for this. It looks very uncomfortable, unhealthy and worrisome. Just FYI : our carseat is the Graco Frazier which came highly recommended however we didn't anticipate this problem. I wish I could help and will let you know if I come across a solution.

If she's old enough to lift her head, then I think it's not a problem. It just LOOKS bad to us. I'm not a doctor, though, so you could check with your doc. Just think about how they fit in the womb and they were fine! : )
I agree, though, that if she can still fit in the carrier she's better off in it.

hi J.-
We've been having the same problem with our son, who just turned 10 months old and we've had his new car seat for about a month. My son's head seems to shift mostly to one side, and then a little forward. I'm not sure if this will help in your situation, but on our last car trip, my husband and I kind of rolled up a shirt and propped his head up straight, after he had fallen asleep. Hope that this helps, or if you hear of anything better, please let me know. Good luck

1 / 3