7 answers

Help What Could Be Wrong with My Foot??

MY left foot is sore and swollen.. I dont remember and particular injury.. It hurts in toward the small toe but in the middle of my foot on the top.. I was going to schedule an appt with an orthopedic dr.. but it isnt bruised just swells during the day and is fine in the am..

Anyone else had this ?? any helpful ideas??

What can I do next?

More Answers

Have you been wearing flip flops, or shoes with no support? If you have done alot of walking in non-supportive shoes, it can cause the symptoms you are describing.
Try filling a water or pop bottle with water and freeze it. Roll it under your foot for 20 minutes at a time, two or three times a day. Give your feet a break from flip flops and sandals. Wear a good, supportive tennis shoe until your foot feels better.
Do not use heat. It will feel good at the time, but can trigger your body's inflammatory response, and can cause it to hurt alot worse afterward!

1 mom found this helpful

i had something similar.........mine was fallen arches, i never went to a doctor just took it easy, took glucosamine supplements and tylenol, wore sensible shoes. Look up fallen arches online and see if it describes you

I had mysterious pain for a couple of years, usually around the middle of the foot, sometimes around the ankle. In my case, I determined it to be shoe related.
Got rid of all of my flip flops and other thin soled, or flat shoes. I find that the most comfortable shoes for me are clogs and wedge shoes with an angled front end that produces a sort of rocking motion when walking (and they are NOT ugly---I have some Cole Haan ones that are gorgeous and I get compliments, but they are my most comfortable shoes!)
Now I wear these kind of shoes most of the time and my feet stopped hurting.
I would try changing shoes and see if there is a change in the pain. If changing to good arch supported shoes for a day or two doesn't seem to help, see the doc.

Get some blood work done, swelling can be a symptom of many things.

A Podiatrist would be able to help figure out what's going on. It could be anything. What sort of shoes do you normally wear? It could be a pinched nerve (Morton's neuroma).

It could be your shoes. Are they uncomfortable or too small? Do you eat a lot of sodium and drink little to no water? Too much salt causes swelling. There can be a million possibilities, so you should definately schedule an appt. with an orthopedic doctor to get to the bottom of this.

It could be a stress fracture. That happened to me and after a trip to the ortho, wearing a special shoe for a while and a little PT it got much better.

I try not to wear flip flops all the time anymore and wear good supportive shoes as well.

Required Fields

Our records show that we already have a Mamapedia or Mamasource account created for you under the email address you entered.

Please enter your Mamapedia or Mamasource password to continue signing in.

Required Fields

, you’re almost done...

Since this is the first time you are logging in to Mamapedia with Facebook Connect, please provide the following information so you can participate in the Mamapedia community.

As a member, you’ll receive optional email newsletters and community updates sent to you from Mamapedia, and your email address will never be shared with third parties.

By clicking "Continue to Mamapedia", I agree to the Mamapedia Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.