Help Throwing up and Loose Stool

Any suggestions how to help my boys feel better fast? ONE HAS BEEN THROWING UP AND LOOSE STOOL AND THE OTHER (6 months) now has a little bit of loose stool. I know that this is a virus and docs cant do anything but is there any home rems that can help??? Just wondering Thanks. We are already on the BRAT diet.

We are all better thanks to lots of prayers!! Thanks for all the advice moms!

S.,

I agree about the acidopholis (probiotics are great!) One thing we would do and it really does help if you can get them to eat it, is peel and core an apple, then grate it, then spread it out on a plate and let it turn brown. If you can get them to eat the browned shredded apple it helps. There is some chemical that devolops in apples when they turn brown that helps diarrhea.

In addition to the other advice...remember that vomiting and diarrhea is the body's way of getting rid of what's making it sick. Keep them hydrated, as dehydration is their biggest risk right now while they are sick. Let their bodies do what they do and they'll get rid of the virus.

~L.

Try a half of a teaspoon of Peptobismal.

I was going to say the same thing as Sharon. :) A. H

No good advice, just wanted to say, I feel for you. I know how terrible it is when your kids are sick. Hang in there.

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

brat diet docs stools virus viruses