Help Removing Sticker Residue on Clothing

My son left a sticker on one of his shirts and it went through the washer and dryer. It left a very sticky residue on the shirt and a pair of pants. I have tried rewashing and using extra spray (called Awesome-recommended by my mother-in-law) directly on the spots, but it is not coming off. Any suggestions on how to get this off his clothes? Thanks so much.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice. Sounds like I need to get some Goof Off or Goo Gone and get this sticky stuff gone!! Thanks again!

I have used that Mr Clean Magic Eraser and have found that also works great with getting the goo off of stuff including clothing, jars. plastic..ect. This also doesn't leave an odor.

From a mom of two kids who are addicted to stickers and tape, Goo Gone has worked great. I was amazed at how well it worked. You can get it just about anywhere (Meijers, etc). A clean paper towel, a little squirt, wait a few seconds, and it will come right off. Wash it, and you are good to go.

Sometimes ironing with wax paper helps get rid of sticky residue. Assuming the shirt is iron-able. Put it on the ironing board so you can get at the sticky spot. place a piece of wax paper on top of the glue, iron at an appropriate temp for the fabric, fold the wax paper with the sticky residue to the inside or just tear off a new sheet of wax paper (otherwise you are just putting the glue you got off back on the shirt).

I have no idea if this will work or not, but I used it to get silly puddy out of my daughters pj's. Pour rubbing alcohol on the area, so it is well saturated and let it sit for about 5 - 10 minutes. Then using a butter knife scrape it off. I put a kitchen towel under it so that if any pushed through the towel would absorb it and not the other side of the pj. It also helped to have a towel near by to clean the knife on.

Another suggestion that we found online was to soak it overnight in white vinegar and then wash it out in the morning with soap and water. You keep repeating the process until it is all out. I'm not sure how well it works though...

I'd say goo-gone, but I usually find that alcohol works, too.

I got this stuff called Goof Off from Lowes. The can is yellow and it cost me $4.24. The stuff is wonderful. I have taken off stickers from clothing which have gone thru the washer and dryer and also gum. It has not harmed anything I have used it on and I use it a lot. I have 7 yr old triplets.

Goo Gone, sold at Home Depot, Wal-mart etc. Wet shirt, dab it on and you're good to go. You may want to wash it 2 times after that to make sure it doesn't leave a grease spot behind. Just don't dry it until you're sure its all gone! It works like a charm, you'll be shocked!

I would reccommend trying something like Goo-Gone or Crud-Cutter. Just use as little as possible, Q-tip or something. Then machine wash because this stuff REEKS!

But it does work! The techs used to use it at work to remove hospital stickers from IV equipment(including backpacks), and you know how nuts hospitals go with tape and stickers =D

Best Regards,
L. and family

1 / 3