HELP!!!! Planning a Sweet 16 for My Daughter

Someone please help me. I have got to come up with an idea for my daughter's 16th birthday and I have no clue. Apparently it can't be a typical family birthday because this is a "big" deal birthday and she wants to invite her friends. I have no idea where to start or what to do! Please help I need some ideas. Thanks

It is real cool thing for kids that age, rent a Movie Theater for her and her friends, family can seat in the back...LOL.. Or what I did for my daughters 16th. B-day, was got her and her a Limo for her and her Firneds ONLY and the hung out on the Srtip till 9pm and then we went Cosmic Bowling. It is kinda fun for them to hang out alone then met up with the rest of the Family later. Hope this will help...

Good Luck,
G.

Well I have a niece that is having a sweet sixteen and she is having a "Fergalicious Party" What we did was we actually are copying the music video from a singer called "FERGIE" from the group "Black Eyed Peas" She made this really cool video for one of her sonds so we are going with that theme. I am a cater so I will be handling all of the food. If you would like, we could chat on the phone. ###-###-#### I could help you with some ideas. Take Care....N.

UGH! i had a nice long detailed etter and somehow lost it!
as many already said, not knowing how big or what type budget makes it harder to make suggestions that will be most helpful, so i will tell you about my neices recent sweet 16 and offer alternate ideas, places things etc!
i agree have your daughter help, get suggestions ideas etc from her!
does she want a theme? (hawaiian,pirate, princess, etc,) or just sweet 16 Is the theme, then if going SWEET16 Is the theme, just go with a color theme, what ever her favorite color is (my neices was pink and lavendar but maybe your daughter loves RED or GREEN?)
location? this also needs to know size....you can use your home, your yard, maybe a relative has a nice big home or yard? or rent a hall, country club, association hall/house, some churhes rent their banquet rooms, etc
my neice had hers at sunnymead ranch lake house, nice view big place, security included in cost.
food: whats daughter like? make it easy. you can get premade or catered food, many local resturants have large cater menus, she had chicken and mashed potatoes from like juan pollo, green onion does take out/catered mexican food, joes does take out/catered italian and you can decide what items you want. or if you are a cook or some one in family/friends can do it, make your own food, or make stuff to go with it. my neice also had home made deviled eggs, brownies, green salad, pasta salad, someone made great things, it was salami with garlic creamcheese spread on it and folded in half, very popular, very easy! also chips, veggie tray, little candies (m&m s etc)
you can get veggie trays, meat trays cheese trays etc from costco, sams club and some grocery stores. or make your own.
maybe a bread bowl with dip ( spinach artichoke etc)
or maybe a fondue set up would be a hit!
we had 2 containers of soda and waters, you can also do a fruit punch or lemonade bowl!

for decorations, truthfully the teens dont care so much about them, you can use crepe paper streamers and get a helium tank and baloons and put balloons all over, they have the box with tank and balloons at walmart and target i think also at costco for like 20 dollars!
a nice touch is to bring pictures of the birthday girl at various ages, and place them for all to see, this was a big big thing, all the teens loved seeing!
also be sure to get a lot of pictures taken at the party, a nice thing is to get an individual picture of the birthday girl with each guest alone, then a group picture of everyone and the birthday girl....then of course random pictures through out the night. then when she sends thank yous, if possible she can put a copy of the picture of herself individually with the guest in their note! makes a nice touch!
for table decorations,my neice went with easy fun silly! she got plastic light up "bling" rings, multi colored bead necklaces, cheap colored lens sunlasses (like the round john lennon style) feather boas, and sequinned silly hats and fuzzy silly hats, you can also get glow necklaces and bracelets that light up in the dark (target usually has these for under a dollar) cute or colorful pens and pencils (these are all students right,) mini lip gloss, mini plastic tins of breathmints, silly string, etc, check party stores and dollar stores or big lots for cute little stuff.
you can also get cute plastic glasses (martini,margerita, champagne,daquiri, or GOBLET types and either hand them out as guest arrives or use as place setting at able, and have some pens (gliter pens, permanent markers, puffy gel pens etc) and let guests decorate their own keepsake glass/cup!!
you can do a dj, or a stereo or ipod hooked up to stereo depending on budget!
a small table decorated with table cloth and balloons is good for gifts, and maybe use birthday wrpping paper and wrap an old box, maybe shoe box and put a slit in it for birthday cards since they are easily lost (or stolen)
and we had medium sized posterboards and colorful markers for guests to sign and leave mesages, or a guest book works too!
for invitations you canbuy decorated paper for your printer a nd make your own, maybe print a picture of your dughter on the invites ( a baby picture is cute on this) it is cheaper than buying invite cards, or having a store print them for you. but ALiN paper co can print them for you also reasonably in store!
you can specify semi formal or CASUAL FORMAL so they know to be dressed nice but that it isnt suit and prom dress formal!

feel free to email me for more info or ideas or help at

some good stores to check out and use :
ALIN paper company in riverside, great prices comparedto regular party stores! lots of themed, colored, etc items, not just paper, they have soooo much!
there are places like
party plus, party suplly etc but they will cost a lot more.
michaels craft store
joanas crafts, material etc
busy bee
use your resources, goooooogle online!
i have used
www.OrientalTrading.com
they have great themed stuff, from table clothes, invites, toys, trinkets, pens pencils, notepads, clothing, purses, table decorations etc...check it out, even of you dont buy there, it has many IDEAS !!!

www.wrappedhersheys.com/
unique idea, different hershey candy bars, full or mini sized with personalized wrappers example the birthday giels name and birthdate!

www.surprise.com
party items and ideas

partyplus.com/
party items and ideas

some other ideas:
glen ivy hot springs spa
let her take a specific amount of friends and enjoythe day, we have great weather fo r it here in so ca!

rent a suite at a local casino and have a sleep over (suites good size but can also do a double room with double beds at local motel)
either do a nice nite at resturan, or utilize the hotels resturant oget pizza or kfc etc for in room, let them jump on bed s and be silly, do in room facials and nail painting etc, or watch girlygirl dvds
or a day at castlepark with wristbands for rides is reasonable right now!
or orange county has medival times and the new pirate show! let her take a group of friends there!

sounds silly but u can always make a day of it at chuck e cheese...funny how teens get so silly when you let them loose in chuck e cheese

a barbque whether t home or a park or if u know some one who lives and has access to a lake setting (such as sunnymead ranch and moreno valley ranch have special areas to use for outdoor barbque and party
i hope this helped and feel free to contact me with questions or for more help etc
and of course
LET US KNOW WHAT YO GO WITH AND HOW IT GOES
we will want details!
:)
LL

I'm brand new to MamaSource and still learning how this all works, so I hope it's OK to post here. But if you are interested, Mineral Girlz offers some really fun teen girl party kits. My website is http://www.InnerBeautyGirlz.com and then click on "parties" to see how this works. There are makeover parties and ones where girls can make their own custom cented body wash, shampoo or bubble bath.

Hi R.,
My name is J.... I saw your post and thought I could offer some suggestions. First off you need to come up with a budget so you know what your limits are and then you can plan the best party. Depending on what your daughter is into and how many friends she wants to invite, you could do something like a limo ride to dinner and a movie, or with a few friends a day trip to San Francisco. I am working on starting an event planning business and have been doing some research in different events and things, I will email you if you would like with some of the things I have found. Hope this helps. J. ____@____.com

do the best to save money and do something yourself as a pizza time with her friends or give her some money so she can spent in any of her ideas, clothes, cd's or else
BUT if you still want to do a big party
we can help you we do decorations for tables as a napking holders and more
contact to us and we can send you pictures of my work
Mary

PS also you can see our store
http://www.auctionquests.com/Mary039s-storage-room,store,...

Iam a event coordinator and i could help plan your event. If you would like you can contact me my email is ____@____.com and you can check my website at www.divinedesign2010.weebly.com

R.,

Why don't you let her plan the party. On the Super Sweet 16 show on MTV (which of course features parties with outlandish budgets) the kids seem to derive the greatest satisfaction in planning a party that they know their friends would really enjoy.

It might be a great time to also allow your daughter to work on budgeting skills. You might give her a budget and have her make the plans. Then you could go over the plan to see places where you might fill-in with different cost effective options such as baking the cake versus a bakery or whatever.

A great idea is to do a fashion show. I am not sure what kind of budget you have. Smashbox studio is a place where you can have a party. That's were they have fashion shows. Have a birthday cake and design it with shopping bags from her favorite stores. The tables can have shopping bags. One could be gucci, coach, dior...etc. Good luck

Perhaps you could talk her into taking just one or two friends to go get pedicures and manicures. If she's never done this before it could be alot of fun for her, then out to lunch or high tea? I love going to tea it's such a treat and so relaxing. Something like that would I think be more memorable.

1 / 3