Help, My Son Is Having Stomach Pains and I Dont Know What to Do?

I was up from 11pm till 3am w/ my 3yr old son wretching in pain in our bed. At first I thought it was gas becouse it was coming in waves and he was just screaming and whining in pure pain. He doesnt eat Anything. I offer him 3 meals aday, try and give him snacks. He has no interest in anything! Even his old favorites like PB &J and Mac and cheese he wants nothing to do with. My husband think his pains have something to do w/ him not eating? I just dont know and feel helpless. I problably will end up going to the doctor but w/ three kids I feel like I could be there every day if I called for every ailement. Any one have any ideas or hunches on what it could be?? Thanks...

Thanks for all your advise everyone! Gavin is seeming like nothing is wrong this morning? He is running around like normal now and even ate something. I called my doctor and he said to keep fluids in him and if he shows any more signs of pain, to bring him in. Im thinking it was a combonation of gas and nitemares? Anyhow...thanks

It sounds like appendicitis, you had better take him to the doctors in case it is. That can be seriously life threatening if not caught in time.

I agree with one of the other responses about getting him tested for food allergies. My daughter spent a week having terrible stomach pains off and on. They were so bad that she laid in the best squirming from side to side. Finally the doctor tested her for food allergies...she is allergic to peanuts.

I would put a call into the doctor and leave a message w/a nurse to call you back. Tell them what's going on and see if they think you should bring him in or not. When my son gets stomach pain, I always feel right underneath his belly button and if it feels really hard then usually it's because he's constipated.
I've read several times that when children do not eat it could be linked to acid reflux. I do not know much about it or have experienced it with my three but it might be something you want to look into.
Have you tried taking him to the store and have him help pick things out he would like to eat? Or maybe have him help prepare the PB&J or mac & cheese. My oldest is always more willing to eat when he helps prepare.

I hope by now the little one is feeling better. I think you should go to the Dr. for something like this. It could be a stomach flu..tis the season..and the time of year for contagious things to surface. Talk to your Dr. about pedialite to get some fluids into little ones tummy. Any vomiting or other issues with this? Has anyone else had any stomach problems that he could of gotten from them? Any new foods, or eat something at a fast food place that could of been undercooked?..I'm brainstorming here for things to consider..Severe pain to me is a red flag to consult a Dr.
Maybe try to offer broth, jello, toast, chicken soup..or jst listen to your little one when you ask him "what do you feel like eating" I know for my daughter, kids have a tendency to reject what they feel may make the sickness worse.
Please at least call the Dr. on call and see what they say, I would avoid medicines until the Dr. says its okay.
I hope little one ges better soon
Mel

I would really go to the doctors. He is not eating and having stomach pain. Has it gone or is he still having stomach pain?
Don't worry about being at the doctors all the time! I remember one year I was at the doctors all the time with one or the other of my girls. I figure that it is better to be safe than sorry.

I'd look into not giving him milk based products.
Sounds crazy but it was killing my child with his BM's and gas. Not only that we had him tested for a wheat allergy....a lot of people can't digest it and it causes awful gas and cramps.

Just my 2 cents

N.

I wouldn't take the chance, take him to the doc's....if they can't see you today, take him to the ER. Better safe than sorry! Children can deteriorate fairly quickly, get him seen by someone today.

I hope it's nothing and I'm wishing you the best!!

P.

K.,
I would say that you should definitely see the doc - if he won't eat at least try apple juice or something like that - I believe I heard where that will help if it's something like constipation or bowel pain. Either way, better safe than sorry when it's not easy to figure out what's wrong! Good luck!

not sure if this is it but I would sugguest getting him tested for food allergy. Both my kids are deathly allergic to eggs and our son peanuts. As my son got bigger he started avoiding foods not eating stuff he loved as a baby,until one day we actually had a bad reaction, I had him tested a low and behold no wonder why he wasn't eating. There is a big miss conception with food allergies. everyone thinks it happens instantly, sometimes it's repeated exposure. Our daughter would have wrenching pain in her stomach and would cry and scream all nite long. I had her tested at 3 months because of our son and same dealIt's extremely common. I'm for sure I would also sugguest a GI doctor chop has the best but after we got all the food straight they have been good. She still has some bouts with constipation but apple juice usually does the trick for that. and if he has excema that is usually an allergy give away.

1 / 3