HELP My Son Has a Temperature of 102.3 What Do I Do HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!

My son aaron has a temperature of 102.3 and he's 1 year old im really worried about it what should i do?

To put it nicely . . . RELAX! 102 is not the end of the world. Fevers are good, they are the bodies way of fighting off infection. A couple days and it will be gone. Most Dr.s reccomend fever reducing medicine only if the child is uncomfortable. If he is OK, then let the fever do it works.

Honestly, 102 is a low grade fever. You should go and read The Importance Of Fevers by Dr. Tenpenny. You will feel much better after reading it. My kids have had 105 fevers. I dont sweat it until it reaches that high and then I only give tylenol if they can't sleep or are really uncomfortable. Fever is a good thing and fights off infection. Don't fight it or you will only prolong the illness.
http://blog.fitnesstown.ca/2009/10/16/the-importance-of-a...

CALL HIS DOCTOR. Have you given him any motrin to try and bring it down? If not then I would do so and wait about 20 min's and if it hasn't gone down then call his doctor! Good luck!

B.K.L. is right. The fever is there for a reason. Just be sure to keep him hydrated with water and no sugar. The sugar is just one more thing that his body would have to work to fight off. His little body knows what to do and it has the exact right response at the right time.

102.3 in a one year old is hard (I assume he's your first?) but it's not usually dangerous.
Has he had it for a few days? Does it go down with tylenol or motrin? Is he lethargic?
If he's had a fever for more than a few days, it continues to go up, and he becomes lethargic, then yes, take him to the DR. Otherwise treat with tylenol/motrin and lots of liquid and sleep, I'm sure he will be fine :)

My son is rarely sick, but recently he came down with a fever and I got super worried as you are. Talking to the nurse at my pediatrician's office and doing a little reading online helped me calm down. My son is only 20 months old, so I know it can be rattling when something is wrong with them and they are so little. What I learned is that anything lower than 102 degrees is low grade and actually a beneficial fever, the body's way to fight illness, and you should not treat it unless the child is very uncomfortable. Once it gets above 102, while not dangerous, it can cause discomfort. Try giving him some Tylenol or Motrin and see if that helps bring it down. Keep him well hydrated. If the meds don't help enough, you can give him a lukewarm bath. Never use cold water to lower a fever, the child can go into shock. If he is having other symptoms, or if the fever last more than a couple of days, then take him into the dr. to get checked out because it may be a bacterial infection that will require an antibiotic to clear up. Good luck, mama! Hope your baby feels better soon :)

You sound just like me when my first son had a "what I thought" was high fever. I was ready to pack a bag to go to the ER. Must mention that this was also during major teething. My hubby works at a hospital and calmly said, "He is too young for anything else other than tylenol, and that's all they are going to give you after you have waited for hours in the waiting room". So, I watched my son like a hawk! He also slept (all night) on my chest while in our rocking chair ;) Took his temp every 3 hours and gave him tylenol when he needed it. The next night his fever finally broke and all was well within a couple of days. Take a deep breath and release a good sigh... Keep your baby boy wrapped in your arms because your love and assurance will help him feel better already :)

How old is he? Is he sick?

At 102.3 I usually don't do anything except keep an eye on them. If you want to give Tylenol or Ibuprofen, you can. They'll reduce the fever. But fevers, within reason, are good at helping them fight off infection. If they seem to be feeling miserable, we'll give the meds to help with that too.

If you're super concerned, often there is a nurse hotline you can call.

Hope he feels better soon!

1 / 3