HELP... My Bladder Is Falling Out!

Okay here's the deal...

About a week ago I was taking a shower... As I was washing down south, I felt a huge knot! I looked in the mirror and to my horror saw something coming out. It looked like a babies head. I called my OB but since it was after hours they told me to go to the ER. I did! The ER doctor diagnosed it as a Cystocele. In other words, my bladder is falling out my "heehaw".

The vaginal walls have weakened and my bladder has fallen down in there. It is sticking out and is so creepy. The ER doctor told me to go see my OB the next day and she needed to figure out how to repair it. Well, I called her and she wouldn't get me in for two weeks. I didn't like that so I went to a Urologist... he said my OB has to be the one to fix it! Uggggg... so frustrating. Well, I see her on June 4th so we'll see what happens. The Urologist said it will take surgery.... NOOOOOOO.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem???

Thanks,
Angie

Thank you, ladies, for all the wonderful comments and advice!

I FINALLY got in to see my OB on the 4th... she examined me and agreed with the diagnosis. She said I would need surgery to repair the problem and that it would take me 4 to 6 weeks to heal. I would need help with the baby, etc.

She told me that if I want to have more kids that I need to do that before I have the surgery. She said the damage is already done so it won't get any worse.

She said if it gets too uncomfortable she can fit me for a Pessery, which is a ring that they insert in there to help support the bladder and keep it in place.

She said I can do normal things... even run, jump, workout. She said to do it in moderation and make sure I am using my legs to lift, etc.

It's good and bad news... I am not looking forward to my bladder being out of place but at the same time I glad I can hold off on the surgery. I don't have anyone that can really help me with my 7 month old so I guess waiting is a good idea. Plus I do plan on having another baby before I get too old... LOL

In the meantime I am doing Kegel exercises to help strengthen the walls. Thanks again for all your great advice. I sure appreciate it!!!

Angie

Dr. Bryan Feagan of the Women's Pelvic Center at Presby. Dallas can do the repair. A friend of mine just had a hysterectomy ,which her OB/GYN performed and a bladder repair which Dr. Feagan performed. She had a good experience with both Dr's performing the sugery that they are experts in. Hope this helps.

I have not had this problem but I would seriously consider switching OB's if mine made me wait 2 weeks to see him/her in that condition...

Good luck and I wish you a quick recovery

Aj

I am very familiar with this. My mom and my good friend had the same issue. My OB is an expert in this area, and I'm sure he could get you in ASAP. He tells me it is very rewarding rebuilding pelvic floors because it improves the quality of a woman's life so much. Call him. Ralph Turner, ###-###-####. Good luck. J.

That is serious surgery and I wouldn't let just anyone do it. There is a Dr. in Temple (between Waco & Austin) who specializes in this and trains other doctors from around the world on his technique. His name is Bob Shull, here is a link
http://www.sw.org/web/SW/patientsAndVisitors/templatedata...

I'm sure there is someone in Dallas who does the same surgery but I would find someone who specializes in that kind of repair. Good luck!!

A.:

This is the 1st time I have ever heardof such. I do not have any advice but I will definitely be praying for you. will call you name to the heavens and ask for a healing on your behalf.

Love and blessings,
N.

Look up the Kehalmaster 2000. It helps make you kegals more effective allowing you to make you vaginal muscles stronger and put things back where they belong. Like any other exercise it takes time to see the full results, but it will allow you an option other than surgery.

my mother had this and had the surgery to correct it w/very little fanfare. not to discount how you're feeling, but she recovered very quickly and is doing 100% fine.

i know it's scary, though, when it's YOU having the issue and YOU needing surgery.

I will be interested in what information you get as I am going through almost the same thing.

This happened to my sister. She said it was fall out her whoo hoo. She had surgery, stayed over night and was limited in lifting for a while. I has been 2 years this month and she did doing great.

1 / 3