HELP! My 4 Month Old HATES the Car!!

Every time we get in the car- even before we go anywhere my 4 month old starts screaming. She cries and cries until we get her seat out. Most of the time she is comfy in her carseat so I don't think that's it. She has gas troubles but she doesn't burp when we pick her up out of the seat.
Sorry- this is added- she has one of those toys hanging from her bar and we try giving her toys but she's still working on hanging onto a toy for more than a few min

Any ideas? Occassionally she will fall asleep but it has to be nap time. What in the world can I try??

my dughter is 5months n still feels the same way in the car... She has been getting better tho... She has her moments but in the beginig I got her a small mobile that goes on the handle and hangs n plays music n goes 'round. It helps a lot cause she was too small to keep pushing buttons to make noise on the bar toys... Now I hand her her shoe or sunglasses and she quiets down for a good while... Hope it helps :) oooooh oh ya and when nothing else works I play "cant wait to be king" from lion king from youtube on my cell, she loves that never fails!

Loud music in the car. Seriously. My son hated the car. But if I turned up the music he would hush. If I turned it down, he started squalling again. He liked rock-n-roll. Anything with a steady beat. I specifically remember Metallica and Led Zeppelin being quite effective. lol Oh yes, and before I get hate mail- his hearing is perfect now at 5 years old.

You can get a mirror with small hanging toys on it to help. It will keep her interested, and you can see her while you drive too which is nice.

Toys anything cuddly she should like. Just make the backseat more interesting for her. Put up a few stickers on the window she can look at. Or better yet put a picture of you. Maybe she is upset she cant see you well.

Best wishes!

my dd HATED being in the car until she could turn forward facing. Maybe you could put a mirror up where she can see it so she can see herself and not feel so alone/trapped back there.

my oldest went through that phase right around the same age. it didnt matter what I did or gave to him. he hated being in the car. he eventually stopped with the crying on his own, but honestly it took a couple of months. good luck

Pretty common. I always thought that my son must have felt all alone back there, because if I sat in the back where he could see me, he was fine. A crib mirror helped a little, but not much. Mostly, he hated it until he was old enough and big enough to turn around.

I didn't read the other posts, just in case this is a repeat answer.

My son HATED the car. Once we switched his car seat and put him front facing, he was fine.

Try it, just switch the seat around and go around the block, she might suffer from motion sickness and can not be turned around

Its a phase... Its a phase.
It will end.
Babies often do this.

I used to tie a Helium balloon... in the car where the baby can see it but not get tangled in it.
It distracts them.

You gotta go in the car, anyway.
They will do this.
But its a phase.
Or they are OVER-tired and overly stimulated.
Not a time to do doing errands.
Or motion sickness or the straps are too tight or pinching her somewhere.

But it will end.

1 / 3