Help Me Find a Cell Phone and Plan!!!

I've always been on my family's family plan but now I want to get a cell phone of my own for a business I'm starting, to have a business number. I definitely do NOT want to pay extra for a data plan - just talking and texting. No internet browsing, unless it's included at no extra cost. I think I'd prefer to not have a contract - just a month to month thing. I really don't have any idea what I'm going to have to spend (I'd like to keep it under $50 per month). I also don't know about what the service is like around DFW. I know there's Metro PCS, T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, United Cellular, and probably others I don't even know about. Can anyone recommend anything that would work for me (or something I should stay away from?)

Thanks SO much for your help!!!

My hubby and I just got phones from net10.com 3 months ago. We paid 19.99 each for a phone, and we pay 25 bucks each a month for 750 minutes each. The coverage is absolutely fine, and if you want to text, it costs you one minute each, but no big deal....you can buy more minutes than that, or you can even get a nicer phone than we did, but we were looking to cut costs wherever we could. Sounds like this might be the type of plan you're looking for.

Check into Boost Mobile, it runs off the Sprint towers. It's like 50$ a month for unlimited calling, unlimited text and unlimited other stuff!

I have Straight Talk. $45 a month for unlimited everything, no contracts. I really like it.

Boost Mobile runs under Sprint. Virgin Mobile - I believe under Verizon. If you're using it as a business thing avoid AT & T this market is saturated and their audio quality can be pretty lousy not to mention the dropped calls - this coming from many friends of my husband that work in the cell phone industry.

i have Straight Talk as well and i love it!! its pretty cheap and the phones are really good!

my husband uses cricket, he has unlimited call and text for around $30 a month, i believe. he doesn't have a data plan.

I have Straight Talk, and I LOVE it. You buy the phone up front, which can be expensive depending on the one you want, and I have the $45/30 days of unlimited service which includes internet, and texting.

boost mobile pay as you go

1 / 3