Help! I Need to Freeze Some Meals

Hey ladies. Baby #3 is on the way. What meals do you find easiest to freeze? Can you share the recipe? We eat fish, turkey and chicken for meat. I also was looking for a website that can help you throw together a meal at the last minute. Which one isyour favorite? I really want one of those sites where you can type in a few key ingredients that you have and they suggest recipes. I recently bought teh Food Saver (model 10254?) at Bed Bath and Beyond. I plan to start using that. Any tips ladies?

Thanks so much!!!

Thanks ladies! I love the websites you have shared and tips. Now I just need to learn how to properly thaw out the food that I froze and I will be on my way! Your advice has been a real blessing! Thanks!!!

Go to savingdinner.com
She had menu mailers that include shopping lists, menus and recipes. She also has freezer menus that are recipes which freeze well. They include the how to freeze instructions, as well as what you need to have "fresh" when you go to make the meal.

Go to savingdinner.com

I love to freeze meals ahead of time. I learned a gret tip. Line your baking dish with heavy duty foil and then freeze. When the meal is completly frozen you can pop it out of the dish so you can use the pan while your meal is waiting in the freezer.
Meals I like to freeze.
Chicken and rice cass.
Enchiladas
Soups, Chicken noodle (without the noodles), Veg. beef, Chili.
When I am making a dish that freezes well I will make two, one for dinner and one for the freezer.
Good luck and you are smart to want to plan ahead!!
Blessings, K.

I don't freeze many meals, but I do use the crock pot A LOT. This is great for soups, stews, chicken breast with BBQ or cream soups. If I do prepare extra when I make a full meal and freeze in smaller containers for a quick meal. There are several "bag" meals my preteens like to make that include lots of veggies and pasta for a few dollars.

Contrats on the new one. We are always so busy but one thing I do is cook up the meat and freeze the meat in portions. Whether it is ground turkey or chicken then it can be used for tocos or chilli very easily. Or I cook up the chicken as asian and save half for the freezer. Again you can pull it easily and you have instant chinese food. We eat a lot of things with rice. Ground turkey with rice and seasoning is a favorite. Also think of your crock pot that is another easy way to make meals.

Check out Allrecipes.com for ideas etc... It's my favoirte
congrats on the baby!

you could make chicken soup, turkey chili, lasagna with ground turkey or chicken. those all freeze nicely. Here is a great website that I'm sure you'll find helpful:

http://www.leftoverchef.com/

Hello,

I've never done it, but a friend who works full time www.dreamdinners.com
You go there and make several dinners and take them home to freeze in portions. They provide and prepare everything (e.g. cut vegetable). It is an evening event.

here the description from their web site:
Dream Dinners provides everything you need to assemble delicious dinners for your family, store in your freezer and serve in the weeks ahead. We supply all of the essentials, from easy-to-follow instructions to fresh, pre-cut ingredients. Learning how Dream Dinners works is easy. Click on The Dream Dinners Experience link below.

Both parents.com and parenting.com have some really good recipes. All of them have instructions for eating that day, or freezing and eating later. There were so many different ones we liked.

1 / 3