HELP! I Need a Loan Modification! Can Anyone Give Me a Referral?

All the ones we look up either want 3K upfront or seem shady altogether - I'm putting this out there to all my moms! HELP!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be careful. You need to visit the HUD website, and read it very carefully. You can then call, and ask them to refer you to the proper place. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!

Go to www.hopenow.com for information, help, and contact numbers. It is a free service through the government. Have you tried talking to your mortgage lender directly for help? You can usually get the same help directly as you would through a modification company. Not to mention, they can slow down the process and waste money. I've seen this way to much over the last couple of years. As a lender we gave the same offer directly to our members as we did when they went through a third party. It is a huge amount of money that you already don't have that is being wasted. IF you decide that you must use a 3rd party company, there are more reputable ones out there that will do all the work and not charge the 2k-3k until your mortgage is modified. If they are charging upfront they aren't following the rules and some just walk away with your money. There are lawsuits starting to pop up everywhere for this kind of fraud. The shady subprime and neg am (option arm) lenders are now in those modification jobs! That is why I recommend working directly with your lender. Don't let them get you twice. Good luck.

I work in the mortgage business and I am in the process of modifying our current home loan. The best thing you can do is talk to you own lender. The mod companies are working for themselves... your lender is going to be the best option. I will tell you that I started the process in Dec of 2008, they modified our loan in June of 2009 and we are still waiting for final approval. So the process is long and drawn out but be persistant and give them all the info they want, and you should be able to get something done. If you want to email me and let me know who your lender is I may be able to give you a little more info (I am really familiar with Aurora and America's Servicing... our loans are with them right now..) Whatever you decide to do do not pay anyone upfront!!! If you can't get the mod done with your lender yourself chances are the mod companies won't be able to either. Many start advising you to short sell or file bankruptcy!! Either of these options can also be done directly with your lender or attorney and there is no need to pay for these services to an outside company!

You should be able to do this through your current bank/mortgage company. The government is offering them huge incentives for people like you (and me) to refi. It most likely will cost some cash up front. You will have to consider how long you will live in the home to find out if it will be worth it in the end. Call them and tell them what you want. Or call a bank that you trust.

I did too ,I just went to my bank and told them I couldnt afford the 750.00 payments because I now had my grandson and the dropped my rate from 7.? to 5.0 and that dropped my payments to 500.00 a month.
Dont know if this helps but try talking to your financial institution, you are not the only one out there needing help.

Hey I looked into Liberty Law, I heard them on talk radio. I made my appointment for April 9th. They do not require any money down at all.
You only have to pay them $900 if they are able to modify your loan.
They do it all in one day. If they cannot work out a deal then you do not pay them a dime. At least you have nothing to loose. Below is the website.
I have not yet had my appointment but they did assure me that it only cost under a grand IF they get a loan modification from your lender.
Good Luck!!

http://www.libertyfirm.org/

Legislation was passed in October making it illegal for ANYONE to charge you upfront for a loan modification. They can arrange a fee with you to be paid after you receive a loan mod but if anyone requires upfront money then run the other way because they are scamming you and can not guarantee you anything.

My husband works for a company called Hunter Financial Group they are licensed in 18 states but there corporate office is located in arizona. He has been in the industry for 20 years and knows the ins and outs of the business. Give him a call and he should be able to help you. Tell him his wife sent you off of Mamasource. Good luck!

I am a Loss Mitigation Specialist, i will be more than happy to offer you advise and possible show you how to negotiate your own Loan Mod, you do not need to higher anyone. I do specialize in Short Sales but have several years of Loan Modification experience. Email me at ____@____.com or call me at ###-###-#### anytime
Franco Shamoo

1 / 3