Help! I Left a Gallon of Milk in the Car overnight....is It Still Good?

I went to the grocery store last night and inadvertently left a gallon in the car by accident. It was in the car for approximately 10 hours in about 60-70 degree temps. Is it spoiled? It smells ok and tastes ok, just warm.
TIA,
A.

And it's tossed! Now I am hoping I don't have salmonella or some other nasty bacteria floating around in me from that teensy-tiny sip I took! :-S

I wouldn't give it to my family. I am over cautious when it comes to dairy. I would rather pay anout $4.00 for a gallon of milk then an ER visit.

Ah dang! I hate when I do those kind of things! Well, I say toss it, it is way cheaper in the long run then having to deal with stomach issues, which I don't think anything serious will happen but better safe then sorry. (Plus who like cleaning up after stomach unrest?!!!!YUCK!)

Not me... I'd buy a new gallon. It is not worth getting sick or have sick children over a $3 gallon of milk.

THink of it this way.... you are trying to justify saving the money that is wasted on the milk but what if a child or you gets sick..... then you are out a lot more than the $3 for milk.... you're out your insurance deductibles for Dr. visits and RX.

I'd rather err on the side of caution and throw it out.

I wouldn't take a chance on it. Sorry.

Even if its still good right now, it will probably go bad faster than normal. I'd pitch it and get a new one just to be on the safeside.
You'd be mad tomorrow morning when you took a gulp of curdle ;)

no. sorry. throw it out!

I wouldn't drink it.

I wouldn't drink it.

Food handling "rules" state that after two hours in being above 40 degree, the milk can be unsafe. In this house we probably stretch a lot of the guidelines, but 10 hours in 60 degrees is quite a while. I'd probably toss it. It may be fine, but not worth the gamble to me if it's not. Milk smells bad when it's spoiled, but that doesn't mean the bacteria and salmonella can be smelled immediately while they are brewing. And milk is one of those things that can develop "off" flavors if not handled properly.

1 / 3