Help! I Burned My Hair!!

I can't believe it! Yesterday, I went to Sally's Beauty Supply and bought new products(shampoo,hairdryer)..I also bought a new round brush. Well, last night, I used the round brush for the 1st time and while I was blow drying the front layer of my hair, I smelled a strong burnt smell. So I stopped and when I looked at the brush, a huge chunk of burned hair was on it!!! I've been blow drying for years with the same brand of hair dryer and this has never happened! I'm certain its the brush! I threw it away of course and I can see the breakage point from where the hair was burned. I'm so sad!!
What is THE BEST treatment for severe hair breakage??? eggs, proteing,olive oil?? I've tried looking online and all products and treatments are for African American Hair. I need something for normal to dry long caucasian hair. Something serious!!! Thanks! :-)

I am late with my response but maybe this will help you. Mane 'n tail moisturizer-texturizer conditioner. Yeah this is conditioner that is used on horses but it is also great on human hair. It comes in a large 32oz bottle and I spend about $6 for the bottle but it lasts a long time. The company that make it is straight arrow and the website is www.manentail.com. I buy it at walmart and kmart in the human shampoo/conditioner section. My friend talked me into trying this years ago and now I am so glad that I use it.

The Black hair care products are the best when trying to repair damaged hair. Try these products. www.carolsdaughter.com You'll be very pleased with the results. Best of luck to you. I've been there before and it's not fun to try to repair and regrow damaged hair, but I've done it.

Use the stuff for black hair. I have very fine but very curly hair and stuff for black hair is by far the most conditioning and repairs severe damage the best. You'll need to trim off the remaining burnt edges, because nothing will revive those. Beyond that, one of the best conditioning masks I've found for hair is a homemade one, and I use it all the time:

2 egg yolks
1 avocado
2 Tbls olive oil (not canola)
2 Tbls mayo

Mix all together into a smooth paste and spread liberally on your hair. Wrap in plastic wrap or put under a shower cap for 15 - 20 minutes, then wash out with your regular shampoo.

Hope this helps!

I am a hairstylist and a good protein mask treatment may help. We used something in the salon called Penetrait and then followed it by a 2+1 heavy deep conditioning treatment. Try calling Salon Cheveux in Bedford, they do excellent therapy for hair.

If it is badly burned however, the only thing that will make it go away is to cut it off.

For years I worked at a Cosmetology School and the instructors are amazing. I would recommend calling the school and asking to speak to an instructor. They have so much knowledge and experience. They can also deep moisturize your hair and of course it's inexpensive. I would also return the brush to the store where you purchased it and find the manufacture and complain. If the brush heats up so much it melted your hair they should be pulled from the market so this doesn't continue to happen.

1 / 3