Help!!! How to Get Sharpie off of Microsuede Chair

My wonderful and loving son has gotten ahold of a black sharpie and 'colored' on our microsuede chair. Does anyone has any ideas how to get it out? My husband is flipping out. I am upset, but it is a chair and the boy is 2...

I've gotten Sharpie Marker out of my microsuede couch with just regular carpet cleaner and warm water. It took some scrubbing but it all came out.

if water doesn't work as it probably would if it was stain guarded well when you purchased it. Try those scrubs you buy in the auto section. They are blue towels with pumice or something in them and cost around 10.00 for a tub of them but they work great for stains. I got grease out of the carpet with them and ink off of the couch.

This happened to us but it was over our entire microsuede sectional sofa. I used Folex. It can be found at Wal-Mart and Target. It is in a basic white bottle with purple print. I followed the directions on the bottle and the sharpie came right out. I had purchased fabric protection when I bought the sofa but, I had it cleaned and not re-protected about six months before the incident. I hope this helps.

Not sure about sharpie, but rubbing alcohol gets ball point pen ink off microfiber, so maybe it would work on sharpie. If it doesn't work, look for "Haley's Hints"- I'm sure it has a solution in there. Good luck!

First, don't use the Mr. Clean ereasers, they are abrasive and will ruin the fabric. The best thing for sharpies is a product called Goof Off. You may need to use some dawn and water after you use it since it is oil based but it will get it right out. Test it somewhere to make sure it doesn't effect the color first though. My son used a sharpie on the carpeting, about one month after it was installed, and this worked like a charm. I keep it on hand for everything. It is a solvent so you have to watch out for the fumes and such.

If you are a Melaleuca customer, Sol-U-Mel will get Sharpie off of just about anything. It also will not put off any harsh or harmful fumes from chemicals in it that could be unsafe for your son or the rest of your family.
Don't you just love 2 year olds. I will say the Sol-U-Mel saved many pieces of furniture and appliances when mine was that age.
If you would like more information about becoming a Melaleuca customer and how to get better, safer products in your home, you can also contact me through the Mamasource messaging.
Have a great day.

I'm not sure if it would work on your chair, but when my husband left a sharpie in his pocket and it went through the washer and dryer, I got most of the stains out of the clothes and the dryer by using hairspray (lots of it). Good luck! You might want to check your warranty on the chair-we got our furniture at Ashley Furniture and they guarentee that they can get any stain out or they'll replace the furniture. Maybe you have a similar warranty?

I don't know about the microsuede, but my son colored on the entire back of our couch with a black shaprie and I used a cloth and alcohol, and it all came out. I don't know if the alcohol would hurt the microsuede, so I would try rubbing a part of the chair that does not show first. Good Luck!!

Looks like you've gotten a lot of advice. Several people mentioned rubbing alcohol, but I find it hard to work with-too thin of a liquid. A friend told me about using waterless hand cleaner (i.e. "GermX") and I have loved it! I used it on clothes, not furniture, but sharpie came out slick as a whistle!

Hope you have success.

1 / 3