Help! How Do You Get Crayon off Furniture?

Hello, my 3 1/2 year old decided to draw all over her door, closets, and night stand with crayons. I can't get it off. Does anyone know how I can get it off? Thank you!

I used the Mr. Clean magic eraser very lightly & it worked! No wonder they call it magic. Thank you all so much for your advice, I truly appreciate it. D. S

I just saw on tv yesterday that toothpaste is supposed to take it off. Also, have you tried one of those Mr. Clean Magic erasers---those things are great.

The "Magic Eraser" will even get permanent marker off of wood floors (learned when trying to clean up a rental after a family moved out). There's nothing like it!

you hsould buy one of those mr clean magic erasers. They take everything off even crayons. I've used it many times since my 4 yr old likes to color everywhere.I hope it works for you

Use WD-40. The Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is very good, but it is slightly abrasive. Use a light touch and think twice before using it on anything with a shiny finish (sometimes it can even hurt the look of flat paint). Similarly, baking soda works but can scratch both glossy and flat paint. It does work, though. Something that will not hurt the paint on the walls or your furniture is WD-40. Just spray it on and wipe away with a clean rag. You know how oil and water don't mix? It takes something more "oily" to remove a more grease-based (not thinking of the right word, so using oil and grease as proxies) stain, such as crayon. Real Simple magazine recommends WD-40, as do several other sources

I've found plain old vinegar and water to work beautifully. You could add a few drops orange essential oil if it's on wood (and to cover the smell of vinegar). My recipe: fill spray bottle with about 4/5 water and 1/5 clear apple cider vinegar. Add 10 drops of the essential oil. Voila. The magic eraser is great, but becareful of scrubbing too hard and damaging furniture.
I now use washable crayons only :-)

The Magic Eraser should do the trick! Just be careful, it can take the paint right off your wall. I use it pretty lightly on my walls and funiture. But I have never used it on upholstered furniture - so, attempt with caution. I also love it because it's not a harsh chemical product. I have experienced the same problem and now I don't have any crayons/markers in my house that aren't Crayola Washables; they clean up with a baby wipe. (But no other product will do, only Crayola "washable"). GOOD LUCK!

When I worked in after school care, we used to use a damp washcloth and baking soda to get crayon off of the school lunch tables. I'm not sure if it would work on other surfaces, but it's cheap and maybe worth a try. Definitely do a spot test first though.

Check the website for Crayola and click on their products section. They offer advice on how to get their products (you select the product you are trying to remove) off almost anything in your home. If I remember right, when this happened to us, they recommended WD-40, along with an ink remover (which I always use hairspray to remove ink!!!) and it worked like a charm on upholstry. Rubbing alcohol also works on some surfaces.

I have also used the magic eraser, but found the suggestions from Crayola worked better for me.

Hi D. S
Try the googone which you can buy from homedepot. It works great.

1 / 3