HELP!! Grease Build-up on Stove Top and Wall Nearest Stove

Does anyone have a fool proof way of getting extra grease build-up off of surfaces? The major build-up is on the stove top which I would assume is steel or some other metal. And then the wall directly behind. The wall is painted with a flat enamel paint. I have tried so many different things. Most help, but none actually finish the job. Thank you for any advice.

WOW!!! I got one of those "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers" (actually I bought a store brand that was over $1 less). It worked wonderfully. Only a few very hard spots left on the stove now. Thank you so much. Have a great Thanksgiving.

I have one of those steamer things that you see on tv that get off everything and they do. I love it. The one I have is made by singer and it didn't cost much. I use it on my stove and for the houses I clean. It will melt the grease right off.

Try Holy Cow Degreaser. It's so easy, just spay it on and wipe it off. It's all-natural, with a light floral/fruity smell. It even works on carpet and painted walls.

I use Greased Lightning. You can get it at WalMart. Cuts through everything immediately. I even use it on clothes that have grease stains and it works great.

What kind of surface is it? For instance I have a steel backsplash. And my mom got it sparkling and I'll call her and ask her....but I need to know what kind of surface so does everyone else. Thanks. D.

First off you nedd to consider repainting your blacksplash. If it is for certain,flatpaint,consider changing to a semi or high gloss and you can expect it to come clean ALOT easier! As far as a cleaning product if you want to go cheap soak it in 409 and scrub with a little ajax. If it's still stubborn wad up a little tin foil and try again. Be careful not to use this method on ceramic stvetops but it will work w/o scratching on most surfaces.(Iused to clean houses professionally through a bonded corporate company)

My husband is a chef and so when he cooks it is a major production! I love his cooking (and grateful that he does the cooking) but I cringe at the mess on my stove top in the aftermath. I use CookTop Magic (small white bottle in the cleaning aisle of grocery stores) or OxiClean Miracle Foam (pink spray bottle in grocery stores). The eraser works well for the knobs. Hope this helps!

Simple Green! Let it set for a good while and then I use the Magic Eraser to get it off....you really dont even have to scub once you have let Simple Green Set for awhile. Good Luck!

Try Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I'm pretty certain it should work, those things are amazing!

-T.

1 / 3