Help Getting Stickers(sticker Residue) off My Daughter Skin

Hi-
So yesterday my daughter stuck stickers all over her arms. She has done this many many times and usually they come right off in the bath and no problem. I do not have a clue what is in these stickers but they are not coming off - or I should say the sticker adhesive is still on my daughters skin. I don't want to rub it too much because I am sure it doesn't feel good to her and I don't want her skin to get raw. I tried baby oil and that helped a little, but there are two huge patches still there.
Has anyone come across a safe method of removal of the adhesive?
Needless to say, these stickers have a new home in the garbage!
Thanks for your help mommies...

Thank you so much everyone! So many great ideas!!! You are all amazing....I knew someone would know what to do. I used the Purell hand sanitizer and that worked really good. All but about 10 % is gone and it probably all would be gone but my daugther is getting mad at me for rubbing her arm.

In my house Pampers Baby Wipes are used for more than just wiping stinky bottoms. We live under some huge, drippy, sticky, messy pine trees and those baby wipe take it off like a hot knife through butter.

Hope this helps,

Goo Gone is great for that kind of stuff. We keep it around the house and always take it camping to remove sap from feet or hands, whatever gets sticky!

If you want an alternative to the oils and chemicals, cut a lemon in half and rub the lemon juice on the skin and let it sit for a while. Then clean it off with soap and water. Lemon juice is a good safe and natural way to get rid of sticky residue. (and it's not very messy. I think I saw peanut butter somewhere on the list...that sounds like a rug and wall disaster waiting to happen to me...not to mention your pipes)

You might try baby oil or Vaseliine.

You have tons of answers, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents because rubbing alcohol can sting if there are any cuts on the skin. The simpiliest solution is crisco or mineral oil. Olive oil should work also but I haven't tried it. These also work for tree sap. We lived in Santa Barbara and the beaches there have natural tar in the sand. Every time we came home from the beach, the kids would get their feet cleaned with crisco!

Rubbing alcohol or witch hazel works well.

What usuay works for me is either a dab of purell and rub it in and wipe off or a lil rubbiing alcohol.

Just rubbing alcohol should do it. Hand sanitizer works good too.

Nail polish remover!! It works wonders on sticker residue and those little fake tatoos that never seem to want to come off. Just a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover and it should come right off! Be sure to wash the area afterwards, though, because nail polish remover is very sticky just by itself. Good luck!

Try margarine. It takes tree sap off of your hands, so I'm sure it'll do the trick! There's this stuff I used to sell from Pure Romance called Body Dew, it's a body oil, and I actually have used it as an adhesive remover, but I'm sure you don't have any, and I don't sell it anymore. :) But the margarine does work. Good luck! Silly kids!

1 / 3