HELP! Gatorade Stain on Carpet - Aurora,IL

Mamas please help, we have a large orange Gatorade stain on our beige carpet. I have tried Resolve and Oxyclean and neither even faded it. Suggestions??? Thank you.

Thank you for all the responses! We finally did get the Gatorade stain out but only due to my husband's perseverance. I had already given up hope. (I always knew he was more stubborn than me!) We tried Spot Shot, Resolve, 409, Shout, Oxy and a few others. What worked in the end was an amonia solution, a cloth diaper and a hot iron. Unbelievable! To the mom with the red Gatorade stain: there is hope, our stain had toally dried out before we started treating it.

Try to use Spot Shot this always works for stains in my beige carpet. Its gotten red juice,pop,other spills,make up,vomit,and mud out of my light carpet.

I had red wine on my carpet for 3 months and nothing worked but this product. The name is TEK it is sold at most stores. it is in a white bottle with red and black detail on the front I got it from Meijer. I hope you can use this

Spot Shot. It works wonders. You may need to do a couple of applications. It THAT doesn't work (and I'd be surprised), you'll probably have to bring in the big guns and hire a professional. I recommend Bella Carpet & Drapery Cleaning by Gary Giovannelli ###-###-####). Gary's a great, honest guy. You won't get "taken".

I LOVE BORAX!!! You can buy it in the laundry section. I got grape juice out of our beige carpeting with it. Although it was still wet. Maybe if you dampen the stained area first, they apply a paste of borax there and let it ist until it dries and vacuum. That's what I did with the grape juice and it worked like a charm.

I have gotten gator aid out of everything (baseball uniform, soccer uniform, van seat, van carpeting, baseball bags, family room carpet, etc.) by using Shout. I know that it is laundry spot remover but whenever I get a stain on my carpeting, furniture or clothing I spray with shout and let it sit for about 1 hour and then clean with my carpet cleaner. I do also put my favorite carpet cleaning shampoo in the cleaner to give a double dose of cleaning. It has gotten out stains that my husband put in the carpet over 5 years ago (I steam clean my carpet every 6 months! )

spot shot - it gets anything out! you can buy it at target - blue can with orange lettering

I wish I could help! I have a large red gatorade stain on my carpet. You name it, I've tried it. If you find something that works, please let me know! I do have Spot shot and that didn't get it out either--the dyes that gatorade uses must be really harsh

I would try a carpeting spot cleaner - I've had good luck with the products you can buy at any hardware store or kmart. There is one product in particular - can't remember the brand, but it's a foaming cleaner in an aerosol can with a built-in brush, and the can is dark purple. When I lived in an apartment with white carpeting before I was married, I lived by that stuff.

1 / 3