Help for a Chapped Little Face

My little man is drooling pretty hard and his chin is red and chapped. Anyone know what cream/ointment works best on this?? it looks really painful!

When my kids were babies, my mother called me the Vaseline Queen because I would put the stuff on any skin issue my kids had and it works great!!!!

Hello,

I work in a day care with 18 month olds. I've frequently used petroleum jelly when the little ones have chapped faces. It helps the skin heal and prevents other drool from damaging the skin.

Aquaphor is the BEST! It saved my son's skin when he was a baby and still works miracles on it now that he is almost 5. We also use it on chapped lips. It is great!

Go and get some Aquafer, it great. You can find it just about any where, Walmart has it in a big tube for under $5. Make sure the face is clean and dry, rub some in where it's needed. It will moisturize the area and keep it from getting dry and chapped from the drool.

Vaseline works the best.

Eucerin!!!!! We even get the Wally brand and it's great! The cream that comes in the pot, not the tube, is the best! That's what the doc recommended when my son was about 3 mo for Eczema and we have found 1000 other uses!

I see several people have already suggested lanolin. I do too. It works great. I use it on diaper rashes, bug bites, and all chapped skin. You should give it a try.

i would use renew...its a great working lotion. Its also sensitive enough for a baby's face. It doesn't contain any harsh chemicals or toxins either. It works great for diaper rash too!!

I have the cure!

Lanoish lanolin breast cream :-) It is the best for you and it is edible for your baby... please give it a try, it worked wonders for my boys in addition to me!

E.

Plain old vasaline works great for me and my kids. It's safe and if you put in on at night it will stay on the best because the baby doesn't drool as much, but you can apply it as much as possible. good luck

Boudreaux's Butt Paste found at Wal-mart.

1 / 3