Help! Fisher Price Cradle Swing Broken???

One of my girlfriends gave me her used Fisher Price Nature's Touch Cradle Swing. She used it for only one kid for the short amount of time that they can be used. The thing has been a lifesaver - it puts my little miss to sleep and/or keeps her calm and entertained without me having to hold her. We changed the batteries and they are new - the music plays and the mobile goes, but the swing can't seem to get started. I don't want to buy one b/c our baby is almost three months. Has anyone experienced this and found an easy fix???

Thank you so much for your help!! I called Fisher Price and they are sending me a new motor housing. I should have it within 5 business days.

We had the Aquarium swing and found the same thing. We called Fisher Price and they sent a whole new motor (the whole top) within days for free! Their customer service was fantastic. Just don't mention you are the second owner. Good luck and I know how important it is. My daughter slept in hers for some time.

Sounds like you need a new motor. We had the aquarium cradle swing for my daughter and the same thing happened to us. We called Fisher Price and they sent us a new motor (free). I think they have really great customer service.

I have had the same problem with mine and I only used it one my one child for three months when this happened. Unfortunately I haven't done anything yet but I plan on calling the company to see what they can do. The swing is not cheap and while I got it for my baby shower still someone paid good money for it and I still would like to use it for my next child. I will let you know what happens when I call them if you like.

I would contact the company. I had a similar problem with a Fisher Price travel swing and they sent me a new one. eventhough you are almost done with it, you will at least be able to give your friend a working swing back. the only other thing that you can do (not so honest) is if the swing is still available n the store, ourchase a new one and wait a week or so and return the broken one. It is not a honest solution, but it works.

Sometimes when the base legs on my swing are not far enough apart the swing will not move. Try to move the legs out more. Maybe that will help.
Hope it works.
E.

yes, i had the same problem- if you push the swing it doesn't work anymore- so i did the best thing and switched it for a starlight one ($15 dollar difference at Babies r us) and then you can plug that one into the wall- also it never broke. you just have to be sure to not swing it- it will go its own speed- just takes a little while. also, i found that the music needs to be on for it to swing too- weird but that helped. i was upset when mine "broke" too but they are all like that. we are happier with the starlight one- with little bears going around and saves us on batteries... what a pain! try the other one out- you can still return it if you have the box. tell them it doesn't work. good luck!

The same thing happened to us with a swing we borrowed from a friend. The customer service person at Fisher Price told us to try this before ordering a new motor and it worked (at least for a few more months, then I think our daughter just got too heavy for it). Replace the batteries, make sure you don't put rechargeables in there. Then, with the swing turned off and the music etc off, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Then turn the swing on without your baby in it (and without the music or birds) and give the swing a big push. Let it swing for a couple of minutes, you'll notice it getting faster and faster. That should help for awhile, you may have to do it again when you change the batteries the next time. It helped us get a few more months out of our swing!

Yes! I had the same problem except our swing was brand new. It was also the ocean version but basically the same thing. I called Fisher Price told them the problem and they sent me a new motor, free of charge. We haven't had a problem since and our son was in it every day at least 4 times a day for 4 months! Good luck!

Call Fisher Price. See what they say, or hit a consignment shop for another. Good luck

If you write Fisher Price a letter, via email or regular mail, chances are they will send you a new one. Don't mention that this was a gift from a friend. I have had GREAT experiences with Fisher Price and they really care about the Consumer. Visit the website!

Best of Luck!

CC

If you can't fix it, it's worth buying a new one. The cradle swings go up to 25 pounds and it is still a lifesaver for my seven-month old (18lb) son. No signs of his losing interest...and, since he still isn't sitting well on his own, it's often the only way we can put him down someplace, when he doesn't want to be in his crib and is tired of rolling around in his play area.

Did you try changing the batteries? Also, I always give the swing a push to get going so that the motor doesn't have to work that hard. Try that. If not, I would contact Fisher Price, they may replace or repair that part for you at no cost. GL!

Hi there- my son had it too and a few times his blaket draped over the side and stopped it or something was underneath it. But the best was he just got to heavy and weighed it down!!!! Just give it a push- other than that i dont know.

i had this same one and if a blanket or recieving blanket was dragging on the floor, it would not be able to swing. make sure everything is in the seat. i also did not use the music, it drained the battery too quickly. hope this helps. A.

We have the same thing and found that this happen for a couple of reasons. #1, something might be dragging on the floor as someone else said. #2, the batteries (even though you changed them) may be dead. #3, the legs are not spread far enough apart. For some reason I found once I set the swing up I also have to pull the legs as far apart as I can before the swing will work properly. Try moving the front feet further apart, too. Hope these help!

call Fisher Price thay are great, and want to keep you as a customer!

I contacted Fisher Price and they sent me a new motor. You have to send back the nonworking one, but they were wonderful. Call customer service!

The motor may be broken. FP said I needed to replace mine. They had my swing already in their system from previous purchase awhile ago. Mine was secondhand and I had to buy the tray and fishes. They told me I had to pay $50 for a new motor plus $5.95 S&H + sales tax if you are in NY or CA. I ordered it, but found a good used one the same day. Tried to cancel and they refused saying it had been shipped the same day it was ordered. Received a confirmation 2 days later saying it had shipped the day after I ordered it. Sales support had no clue how their shipping works.

It might not be broken -- you might just have to raise the level of "swing" because she's heavier now. The heavier they get, the higher you have to take the speed of the swing. I only know this because the same thing happened with my little guy and his swing! :-)

We had a simular problem, the swing worked but the mobile made an awful noise after it was on for a minute. The swing was a given to us by a friend (used) so i called fisher price and bought a whole new motor for $37 bucks, with taxes and shipping it was close to $50 but still worth it. My son loves his swing, it calms him and he loves watching the mobile animals go round and round. He often naps in his swing so it was essential that i fixed the swing.