Help! Fisher Price Cradle Swing Broken???

One of my girlfriends gave me her used Fisher Price Nature's Touch Cradle Swing. She used it for only one kid for the short amount of time that they can be used. The thing has been a lifesaver - it puts my little miss to sleep and/or keeps her calm and entertained without me having to hold her. We changed the batteries and they are new - the music plays and the mobile goes, but the swing can't seem to get started. I don't want to buy one b/c our baby is almost three months. Has anyone experienced this and found an easy fix???

Thank you so much for your help!! I called Fisher Price and they are sending me a new motor housing. I should have it within 5 business days.

We had the Aquarium swing and found the same thing. We called Fisher Price and they sent a whole new motor (the whole top) within days for free! Their customer service was fantastic. Just don't mention you are the second owner. Good luck and I know how important it is. My daughter slept in hers for some time.

Sounds like you need a new motor. We had the aquarium cradle swing for my daughter and the same thing happened to us. We called Fisher Price and they sent us a new motor (free). I think they have really great customer service.

I have had the same problem with mine and I only used it one my one child for three months when this happened. Unfortunately I haven't done anything yet but I plan on calling the company to see what they can do. The swing is not cheap and while I got it for my baby shower still someone paid good money for it and I still would like to use it for my next child. I will let you know what happens when I call them if you like.

I would contact the company. I had a similar problem with a Fisher Price travel swing and they sent me a new one. eventhough you are almost done with it, you will at least be able to give your friend a working swing back. the only other thing that you can do (not so honest) is if the swing is still available n the store, ourchase a new one and wait a week or so and return the broken one. It is not a honest solution, but it works.

Sometimes when the base legs on my swing are not far enough apart the swing will not move. Try to move the legs out more. Maybe that will help.
Hope it works.
E.

yes, i had the same problem- if you push the swing it doesn't work anymore- so i did the best thing and switched it for a starlight one ($15 dollar difference at Babies r us) and then you can plug that one into the wall- also it never broke. you just have to be sure to not swing it- it will go its own speed- just takes a little while. also, i found that the music needs to be on for it to swing too- weird but that helped. i was upset when mine "broke" too but they are all like that. we are happier with the starlight one- with little bears going around and saves us on batteries... what a pain! try the other one out- you can still return it if you have the box. tell them it doesn't work. good luck!

The same thing happened to us with a swing we borrowed from a friend. The customer service person at Fisher Price told us to try this before ordering a new motor and it worked (at least for a few more months, then I think our daughter just got too heavy for it). Replace the batteries, make sure you don't put rechargeables in there. Then, with the swing turned off and the music etc off, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Then turn the swing on without your baby in it (and without the music or birds) and give the swing a big push. Let it swing for a couple of minutes, you'll notice it getting faster and faster. That should help for awhile, you may have to do it again when you change the batteries the next time. It helped us get a few more months out of our swing!

Yes! I had the same problem except our swing was brand new. It was also the ocean version but basically the same thing. I called Fisher Price told them the problem and they sent me a new motor, free of charge. We haven't had a problem since and our son was in it every day at least 4 times a day for 4 months! Good luck!

1 / 3