HELP FAST !! How Do You Know There Is Fracture in My Kids Foot?

My 12 year old daughter got injured today at school and hurt her foot. Has anyone had a kid with a fractured or broken bone in their foot? I am trying to decide whether I should take her in to the emergency room. Please help FAST.

Thanks Moms for all of your responses, she just has a nasty bruise and a pretty bad sprain. I know it probably sounds dumb but I didn't want to have her sit in the ER with a sprain and end up with a fever and the flu. You know how sick everyone has been all over town lately. I know DUMB, anyway THANKS AGAIN MOMS!

I'd take her, too! My aunt thought she'd just bruised her toes, when she actually broke 3 of them. I hope she feels better soon. :(

This is an issue of safety and health which in my opinion leaves no question as to what to do.........go to the Dr. and get it checked out.

If you don't want to go to the ER, go to Care Now or someplace like that. You can make an appt online at Care Now and they will call you when to come in. Why wait?

Why are you waiting and asking here? Get her to the ER or to a urgent care clinic to have it checked. Obviously something is bothering her, or you wouldn't be worried at all.

My girlfriend walked around for three weeks on broken bones across the top of her foot, and did way more damage than if she had just gone to the doctor in the first place. She was in a walking cast for months for them to heal properly, and almost needed surgery. So, go ahead and get them checked.

my step daughter fell when she was at our house. she kept crying. we took her to the emergency room. the dr there took x-rays. they said it was just sprained. she went home. she kept complaining. her mom took her to the hospital in tyler, and it was broke. 2 bones on the top of her foot. you never know. i would take her to hospital.

Go to the ER! X ray is the only way to find out!

i had to take my son to the er for an xray thats the only way you can tell. ER is my suggestion!!

Get it checked out if you haven't already. My 2 year old fractured her first metatarsal last September, jumping off the couch (she actually wasn't quite 2 yet). She was in a walking cast for 3 weeks.

1 / 3