Help- Ear Infection!

I'm 29 wks pregnant and have an outer ear infection. Went to the doc. last week- he told me to try a benadryll and wash my ear out with proxide and water- if that didn't work- he gave me a prescription for antibiotics to take. Well, it seemed to be working for a while- the pain was less but my ear was still clogged. I hear everything like it's under water.
Now the pain is coming back- not as bad as before, but my ear seems more blocked than ever! When I lay down, all I can hear is my heart beat in my ear. I can't hear at the store- there is too much background noise. It's driving me nutty!
Does anyone have any ideas on how I can clear this up? I just filled the prescription today- but the decongestion stuff hasn't helped at all.
thanks!
~C.

Take the antibiotics. I tried hydrogine peroxide one time. It felt better but started growing bacteria after a few days. Take the medicine instead.

Ear infections are a nightmare, there's not much you can do but let that antibiotic kick in. Did he give you the antibiotic ear drops or just an oral? He probably should have given both, it will clear it up quicker. I had my first ear infection about 2 years ago and it was one of the worst pains I've ever been in my entire life. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Try Musinex, I have a lot of allergy stuff and get my ears plugged frequently and that seems to help quite a bit.

Water is not good - Use a mixture of 1/2 Vinegar & 1/2 alcohol. It will do amazing things. Use peroxide but without the water.

I had an inner inner ear infection. Really bad to the
point of alot of vertigo and throwing up. The Dr. would
not give me antibiotics for this. The only thing that I
could take to clear it up was Non-Drowsy Sudafed.
Make sure you can take Sudafed and if you can please give it a try. It saved me. Someone else had suggested it to me. By the way, my ear infection was
caused by a memory foam pillow...

C.,

Nutribiotic ear drops from any health food store. They work great without any side affects to your baby. So important. They are about 11.00 but will have for a long time and is safe to use on your kiddos. The chiropractor route is good too. Hope this helps. Kuddos to you and your big family:) I have 6 myself. Kids are the best.
Blessings,
E.

You need to go and see chiropractor and have you ear pulled. I know several who can do this if you need a recommendation. These is one who deals mainly with pregnant woman who is a great ear puller! She'll fix you right up.

Oh C., I am so sorry you are going through this. I have suffered with a lot of ear issues and know that 'under water' feeling you are talking about. MISERABLE!! Have you seen an ENT (ear, nose & throat speciaist- AKA 'Otolaryngologist')?

The last time I experienced that- I went to my ENT (in Indianapolis, DR. House) and had a 'mastoidectomy' and 'typanoplasty.' I realize my condition may be/or was- much more severe, but I don't know your ear conditions of the past.

The drops that don't burn me to tears is called "FLOXIN." It worked like a miracle- when nothing else does!! It is actuallly safe for the eyes...so that made me feel A LOT better after my previous ENT prescribed that I put a BORIC acid & vodka mix in my ears!! I cried (more like WHALED!) for several hours begging to be taken to an emergency room (both times I did it! I do not have anything left as far as eardrums, so that mixture went in my inner-ear. NEVER-EVER-EVER use that mix if you have ear drum issues or preforated eardrums!!
THAT is why the reaction was SO horrible. Let me know if you have any questions. :)

A.

Use ear candles! I have ear infections every now and then, and I haven't ha to be on antibiotics for one in several years because I learned about ear candles. They freaked me out at first, but they work SO well and provide relief very quickly. It's basically a fabric cone that is covered in wax and you light the big end, put the smaller end in your ear, and the warm smoke loosens the wax and other debris in your ear. As the smoke fills your ear, the only place it can go is back into the candle and it forms a gentle vaccuum to bring all the wax and yucky stuff out of your ear. If you've never heard of it, it may sound crazy, but it really works well.

You can find them at the more old fashioned pharmacies (in Mansfield and Arlington, ray's pharmacy carries them) or a lot of health food stores carry them.

Good luck! Feel free to message me if you have any questions about them :)

Hi C....

I too had this same problem in September and it also took my voice...I could barely talk for a week and it took 5 weeks for my ears to come back. I took antibiotics, 3 different kind but it didn't help during its course. I am a massage therapist and I specialize in Lymph Drainage and CranioSacral therapy, I have helped MANY people and children with this problem but I was unable to help myself due to not being able to work on my own head, neck, ears and chest. If you would like to come try this very comfortable and relaxing therapy to help open your congestion and your ears, check out my website and give me a call...remind me who you are when you call and I will give you a discount...
www.clinicaltherapeuticmassage.com

1 / 3