HELP!! CLEANING Oil/greasy Stuff Out of Microfiber Recliner and Smell.....

I recieved a dark burgandy microfiber recliner from my grandparents, and its a really nice recliner (was a very expensive recliner) but I have two issues I need help with. 1. you can tell where my g-pa head rested, theres a softball size greazy spot where his head would rest, and one on the arm rest as well. I just got done cleaning it with my carpet cleaner (with attachments) and it just smeared the spots around and wouldn't lift the stains out. Even with vigorous scrubbing. It's really gross, and this chair would look awsome if it wasn't for these two spots. 2nd problem they are smokers and the chair smells like a smoke hole, I can bearly stand the smell of it, and after cleaning it with bissel fabric cleaner( what I used in my machine) it still smells, Any sugestions? please I really like this chair, but if I can't get these issues resolved (espically the smell) it will have to go. Do they make a grease lifting formula for carpet cleaners? or I'm open to any other Ideas. Thanks A Lot Ladies.. A.

For things like this I use something called "Tuff Stuff". It is the Auto Care Dept. in Wal-Mart. You spray it on and let it sit for a few minutes then wipe it up. You may have to do it a few times, but it has worked for me in the past.
About the smell, I used Fabreeze. My parents gave me a chair not so ling ago, and they are both smokers. I sprayed the chair with an entire bottle and the smell was gone when it dried. I hope this helps!

I work for a local restoration company. I would recommend contacting a professional cleaning company. Micro-fiber, despite the hoopla about it being super cleanable, is really hard to clean and requires special attention.

I agree with the Dawn Dish Liquid and hot water. I would treat the spot first then create a conconction with:

Dawn
Hot water
freshly squeezed citrus juices (lemon, orange & lime)

and wash the entire sofa with that for the SMELL. I am sure with a little creativity and the other advice you have, something is sure to work!

Hey A. P.
I have used a product called Castrol Super Clean(it is at Walmrt in the Auto Section---it really is a parts cleaner,but I have used it to clean carpets, etc.) You might color test a spot first,but I have never had anything fade on me while using it.Its in a purple gallon jug, it runs about $5.00, and you dilute it with water. The best cleaner I have found for the money. It does take out the smell but doesn't leave your house smelling like an auto shop. Hope you try it and it works for you. C.Jackson

I have found the best product to be Woolite Oxy Deep. It is in a blue spray bottle with a green sprayer. It works wonders and I have used it on my microfiber furniture. I am not sure if they make a version of it for carpet cleaners or if you will have to hand scrub it. Good luck.

Dawn dish soap and VERY hot water should take the grease out. You might try Fabreeze or OUST for the odor.

I shop from a wellness company that has cleaning products that would work wonders on those spots. They are a green company and the products are very versatile. I've been shopping there for a couple of years and I have been so amazed with there over 350 products. The other day I had gotten brown hair dye on my shirt and I used a product that took it completely out! I was just looking in my wellness guide and it says exactly what to use of their products to take out stubborn grease spots. Message me if you would like to know more about the company. They are a private manufacturer and you have to be referred by someone.

Baby powder!! It absorbs the oil. :)

1 / 3