Help: Cant Get Rid of Yellow Grout in Shower!

hey there mom's, the grout in my shower/bath has turned yellow/black spots... the grout is starting to chip away and im not ready to replace it yet... i have tried CLR, Tilex, Bleach, Comet, etc. etc.... im at my wits end, so my question to you all is do you know of any miracle product that will get the yellow off my grout without replacing it? know of any home mixtures to use? I greatly appreciate any help with this matter.. Thank you
N.

I have best luck with Soft Scrub and Showers only. The Showers only is really good at getting glass showers clean. Both of these products are really good at getting rid of soap scum as well.

They sell some heavy duty grout cleaners in the grout department at Home Depot and Lowes. I got some and it worked great, but they are very heavy duty chemicals, so be careful.

I am not sure if this will work on grout, but it cleaned my shower to perfection! I mixed regular bathroom cleaner, with chlorine and vinegar. It works wonders!! You should be careful though, cause it is quite strong, you'll even feel the back of your throat itch a bit. Watch out for little Peyton going near this. I hope this helps!!

try baking soda and apple cider vinegar together (remember the volcano science project as a kid) works great together, and is all natural, and probably no trip to the store needed!

I have the same problem. I tend to use hydrogen peroxide. I pour it around the edges where this happens and let it sit for a while before I go back and clean it with a mild cleanser. It's not a perfect solution but it's much safer than using bleach in the same tub my 19 month old bathes in. I also have asthmas and the harsh chemicals tend to aggravate that. Unfortunately, because the discoloration is coming from under the grout, you won't get it perfectly clean until you do replace it. Using peroxide helps though because as it foams it gets in there. And its cheap.

1. Hydrogen peroxide and a spinning tooth brush.

2. White out - it doesn't get rid of it, but it does cover it.

3. Why not replace the grout? They sell some in a tube, fill in the holes, smear it with your finger, wipe off overage with a wet rag.

I use Hydrogen Peroxide 50% and 50% water mix... it's cool, easy, cheap and evaporates...

Easy Off BAM toilet cleaner, I know it is suppoed to be for toilets but it works wonders in showers and baths!

1 / 3