Heavy Periods After Tubal Ligation

I have asked several questions here and have had great helpful ressponses.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I had my tubes tied when I had my daughter by c-sec 3 1/2 yrs ago and have had very heavy periods since, I mean i have to sometimes change my tampons every 20 minutes. I am also having constant & very painful cramps bad enough that I sometimes just have to stay in bed nothing seems to help either I used to be able to take a couple of alleve's & would be fine, I have cramps 3 weeks out of each month.. Has anyone else experienced this & do you have any suggestions

Thank you in advance

I experienced great results with cinnamon supplements as well as rutin, and vitamin c with bioflavanoids.

i have had the same experance i usually run me a warm bath and sit in it with enough water to cover my stmach

hi i do not cramp but i do have heavy bleeding, and it did not start till after i had a c-sec and got tubal ligation 4 years ago. sometimes i cant even stand up without it flowing fast with clots. i just wish it would go away or slow down. Im sorry that i dont have a method, but i just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one.

I also have this problem...I've asked my dr. about it and she said it's a hormonal imbalance & suggested prenatal pills.....we will see if this stop the bleeding & headaches....I will keep you posted Thanks

After i had my tubes ties, i skipped my period for a whole month the next month i got i bleed for 2 weeks was off a week then spotted the next month i cramped more then i ever have and my cycles so heavy im even feeling the clots pass!

I had the same problem after my tubes were tied in April after my third child. I spoke with my ob right away and her prescribed a medication to take the first four days of my period each month and everything is back to normal. It is a very common thing to happen You should talk to your ob. I have very normal periods again.

that happened to me and I had that done like 19 years ago, I never used to get cramps during my period but now i do. My period comes heavy for about 2 days also .But other then that its okay so far. hope I have helped

L., I am so sorry for what you are going through. I had a similiar experience but no where near the extent you are going through,

Have you gone back to your gyno for some testing. I did and had an "ablation" back in January - it is a one day procedure done in the gyno's office and I had great results with a decrease in bleeding and bleeding time - I still get the cramps but no-way near as before. I am 49 but still pre-menopuase.

Good luck and please talk with your doctor - there is so much that can be done for you.

I always ask why can't "these female parts" just disappear when we are done with them??

B..

Hi L.
Sounds to me like it is time to call GYN. Why? because any problem that puts you out of commission for that length of time ought to be diagnosed and treated by MD.
That is too much trouble to fool with and GYN will tell you not to blame it on something that happened 3 years ago. And if it has been going on for 3 years, I wish you had asked sooner. Aging does funny things to periods not tubals according to my GYN.
My assessment something is not right.
Had tubal at 40 after the birth of my twins. Had bleeding issues and felt like the woman in the Bible with the issue of blood, but GYN said my body would not turn off, and so I had periods til now, and finally I can see that although I have had no estrogen to speak of for 7-10 years, I am just now seeing that I have stopped, and just have occasional spotting which GYN says will soon stop.
They were concerned about all kinds of serious issues so had many tests but because of those issues I say see the GYN.
God bless you and keep me updated.
Enjoy the kids, and why do you want them to see you so sick? Just a thought. Feel better
K. SAHM married 38 years --- adult children -- 37, coach; 32, lawyer, married with 6 mo; and twins 18, in college after homeschooling, GPA's of 3.7 & 3.8.

Ever since I had my daughter almost 4 years ago my periods have been 10 times worse I would have to wear a tampon and a pad and then change my tampon every 15 minutes and this would last for about 7 days. I would also get cramps for about 2 weeks straight and if felt like I was going to die. But my last period I had was very weird I had no cramps, came on time and was light only needed a tampon and last for 4 days. I had my tubal done 2 years ago so I hope that thing is not going to go on for the rest of my life. A bunch of girls I work with that are older than me had tubal and said that their periods were bad after a while they went to there ob and had something done. Good luck

I had my tubes tied 3 years ago after my 3rd was born and experienced the same thing you are. Very heavy bleeding, clotting, it was bad, I felt like I was 15 years old again. My cramping was tolerable, but the periods did last 5 days. Anyway, I spoke with my gyn and she said that the period had nothing to do with tying my tubes. So I am not back on the pill which is great! I barely get a period, dont even need to wear tampons, a liner does just fine and I'm very happy!

I had my tubes tied 8 1/2 months ago after my daughter was born and yes my flow is heavier with alot of clotting. I nursed my daughter for about 4 months so I only just got my period about 4 months ago. I had gotten my tubes tied since medically I am unable to use birth control pills. My OB explained that when the tubes are tied blood vessels are severed and my cause heavier bleeding although he did say this was rare. He did say this should get better over time (my fingers are crossed). I do hope your OB finds a solution for you. Good luck.

I haven't had my tubes tied but after my second child I had terrible problems with heavy bleeding during my periods which just got worse and worse. It is a real problem - you feel like you are constantly on edge worrying you are soaking!
I had a Mirena IUS put in about 9 months ago and it has made such a difference - the bleeding is now quite light although my periods last longer than they used to. I know you wouldn't need a Mirena for birth control but you might consider it just to help the bleeding as I know a lot of women find that their periods almost disappear with it.
Hope you find a solution soon

Go see your doctor! You should not be having this kind of pain and bleeding!

Dear L.,I am 57(periods are long gone),I also had my tubes tied at,age 38.Just wanted to let u know that I did not have any of the problems you listed.Perhaps u might want to talk with your doctor.You should not be haveing such a hard time.I hope you will find the answers your looking for.Donna