Heavy Periods After Tubal Ligation

I have asked several questions here and have had great helpful ressponses.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. I had my tubes tied when I had my daughter by c-sec 3 1/2 yrs ago and have had very heavy periods since, I mean i have to sometimes change my tampons every 20 minutes. I am also having constant & very painful cramps bad enough that I sometimes just have to stay in bed nothing seems to help either I used to be able to take a couple of alleve's & would be fine, I have cramps 3 weeks out of each month.. Has anyone else experienced this & do you have any suggestions

Thank you in advance

I experienced great results with cinnamon supplements as well as rutin, and vitamin c with bioflavanoids.

i have had the same experance i usually run me a warm bath and sit in it with enough water to cover my stmach

hi i do not cramp but i do have heavy bleeding, and it did not start till after i had a c-sec and got tubal ligation 4 years ago. sometimes i cant even stand up without it flowing fast with clots. i just wish it would go away or slow down. Im sorry that i dont have a method, but i just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one.

I also have this problem...I've asked my dr. about it and she said it's a hormonal imbalance & suggested prenatal pills.....we will see if this stop the bleeding & headaches....I will keep you posted Thanks

After i had my tubes ties, i skipped my period for a whole month the next month i got i bleed for 2 weeks was off a week then spotted the next month i cramped more then i ever have and my cycles so heavy im even feeling the clots pass!

I had the same problem after my tubes were tied in April after my third child. I spoke with my ob right away and her prescribed a medication to take the first four days of my period each month and everything is back to normal. It is a very common thing to happen You should talk to your ob. I have very normal periods again.

that happened to me and I had that done like 19 years ago, I never used to get cramps during my period but now i do. My period comes heavy for about 2 days also .But other then that its okay so far. hope I have helped

L., I am so sorry for what you are going through. I had a similiar experience but no where near the extent you are going through,

Have you gone back to your gyno for some testing. I did and had an "ablation" back in January - it is a one day procedure done in the gyno's office and I had great results with a decrease in bleeding and bleeding time - I still get the cramps but no-way near as before. I am 49 but still pre-menopuase.

Good luck and please talk with your doctor - there is so much that can be done for you.

I always ask why can't "these female parts" just disappear when we are done with them??

B..

1 / 3