Heart Burn as a Sign of Pregnancy?

So my hubby and I are finally ready to try for baby #3 and with using an ovulation kit i ovulated last mon or tues. We had sex those days so now I'm just waiting until next week to take a test if my period doesn't show. So on Sunday and Monday this week I have had mild heart burn and I've been really really moody. Now I have never ever had heart burn until I got pregnant with my first and again with my second. But I only got it once i was about 6 months and on with both. So my question is could the heart burn be because I am pregnant? Can you get heart burn this early on from a pregnancy? Let me mention I didn't eat anything different than I usually do. So what do you girls think? Has this happened to any of you?

And yes Julia I know you can get heart burn even if you're not pregnant but that is not what I was asking....just like you can puke when your not pregnant, be moody when your not pregnant, have a craving when your not pregnant and so on. Again my question is COULD this be an early sign of pregnancy and has anyone else had this early on in their pregnancy. Thank you.

Well there is no way to really tell if my heart burn that early on was a sign of pregnancy but I did take a test to today and I'm PREGNANT! :) So for me the statement still rings true that the only time I ever get heart burn is when I'm pregnant. :)

I disagree with Julia. I have heartburn a couple weeks before a missed period with 2 of my pregnancies. I also never had it outside of pregnancy. I don't want to get your hopes up, but, yes, it was a sign for me. GL!

With my first baby I had horrible heartburn in the 3rd trimester only and with my second baby it was my first and only early sign of pregnancy ( about 2-3 weeks after ovulation). I had used an ovulation testing kit as well and it worked with one month's use. I too NEVER had heartburn outside of pregnancy. Everyone's body is different so it could be this early?? Keep us posted and my suspicion says CONGRATS!

I think pregnant women get heartburn because the baby is pushing on the stomach so I would think you would have to be further along.

It could be. Pregnancy hormones will cause your digestion to slow down so your body can absorb more nutrients from your food, so if your stomach is emptying slower it could cause heartburn early on (more stomach acid being produced to try to digest food) as well as constipation. Good luck!

Hi--
I'm not sure about heartburn, but on day 8 of my third pregnancy, before I even found out that I was pregnant, I had that familiar queasy sensation that can only be associated with morning sickness. So if you are asking if it is possible to have symptoms this early, in my case it was possible. Good luck!

You can get heart burn at any time, pregnant or not. It isn't a sign of pregnancy thats for sure. Plus if you were you would only be a week maybe and your body wouldnt give a sign that quickly. Sorry if I seemed rude but that is just like asking "Can" someone jump off a curb, yes you can get heart burn but is it a normal sign, no.

I am pregnant with baby #4 and one thing I know is ALL of my pregnancies have been different and had different signs. I have not heard of anyone getting heart burn as an early sign of pregnancy but why not? I got a rash with one, insomnia with another, amongst other weird ailments before I figured out what was going on. I say anything is possible.

Good luck with #3!

1 / 3