Healthy Snacks for Toddlers - Saint Paul,MN

My son is 18 months and am looking for some healthy snacks for him. He eats the usual snacks at daycare - carrots, grahams,cheese,banana,cereal etc. and I give him the same at home as well. Feels like he eats these very same snacks all the time. So I am looking for more options which are tasty and healthy.

How about cucumber slices with ranch,mandarin oranges,yoghurt,applesauce,bread and butter,raisins . Hope this helps:)

Raisins
hummus and pita
yogurt with granola
homemade smoothies
rolled up turkey with cheese
popcorn
pickles

yogurt, dried fruit i.e. apple chips, pineapple? crackers with almond butter, or fruit with almond or cashew butter

The cereal, cheese and bananas are all binding, so you want to get some foods in there that offer fiber. Yogurt, applesauce, peeled apple slices, cottage cheese, fruit smoothies (fruit, milk, ice, blend until smooth) and other fruits and veggies. Cut up raw cauliflower and broccoli, you can serve with a homemade ranch dip, and fresh fruits in season (with a homemade dip.)

Check out this site for some ideas and easy snacks that are healthy and fun, the Fruit Salad, Ants on a Log, and the Energy Balls are my 2.5 y/o's faves:

http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/toddlersnacks.htm

hummus to dip veggies into (like carrots, red or green peppers, cauliflower). Hard boiled egg. Scrambled egg. Pinapple, strawberries, mango, blueberries, pear slices. Quesadilla (not just cheese - we add mushroom bits and spinach and zucchini) or homemade pizza slice. Peanut butter on crackers. Greek yogurt or regular yogurt. Bread and butter. Homemade muffins (I make oatmeal muffins with raisins or bran muffins with apples and cinnamon or pumpkin muffins). Toasted english muffin with cream cheese. My toddler loves frozen peas as a snack (weird, I know). Black bean and corn and red pepper salad. Brown rice salad (we'll have stuff like that as a dinner leftover and our toddler will eat a little bowl for a snack). Our toddler loves to dip into salad dressing or sour cream and will eat just about anything if she can dip it.

sweet red, yellow or orange peppers sliced w/ hummus dip, craisins, carrots w/ peanutbutter to dip in, tubes of stonyfield yogurt (frozen), apples and bananas (as is), pumpkin pancakes make great healthy snacks (you can even add a few chocolate chips, pumpkin, zucchini or banana bread

Edamame, chick peas, green peas, dried fruit, fresh fruit (pears, apples, kiwis, persimmons, melon, clementines, graphs - all available now), green pepper, brown rice crackers, yogurt (we use the plain greek yogurt or unflavored regular and mix in chopped fresh fruit - way better than 'kid' yogurt), olives.

Yogurt
Cottage Cheese
cucumbers
whole wheat pretzels
Whole Wheat crackers
Whole wheat pasta
scrambled eggs
Hard boiled eggs
Sweet potatoes
Whole wheat fig newton type cookies

When we had lots of toddlers in the neighborhood, we would get together and use plain "Cake Cones" (ice cream cones) as snack cups to hold, Cheerios, raisins, goldfish etc.. That way the kids could also eat the cone.

1 / 3