Healthy Snacks for Me !!!!!

Hi moms, i am trying to lose weight and i need some help with some late night healthy snacks. I am usually up to 1 o' clock in the morning but I eat dinner at 7 or 8pm so by 1am i am hungry and I just need a little snack that wont ruin my diet. Any suggestion would be welcome.

I get midnight snack cravings TOO!!

I love yogurt, cheese & crackers or an apple, grapes, pudding (lowfat snack pack), jell-o, string cheese and fruit, carrot sticks with some ranch dressing.

Just remember it's okay to eat if you're hungry, but carefully watch your portions and don't over do it.

I love steamed asparagus or cooked however you want... and I dip it in fat-free salad dressing.

Or, have some boiled eggs.

Or, I also love Clementines, which I get from Costco.

Or, a bunch of fresh blueberries! I love blueberries, just as is.

Or, a banana.

Susan

When I'm "dieting"... I tend to cut each meal in half...eat half now, and half in 3-4 (ish) hours. (I still eat the whole durn thing, I just space it out). i tend to be awake for 17-18 hours a day...so that means I'm eating 6 or 7 small meals a day instead of 'snacking'.

<grinning> Although, that said, here are my all time favorite snacks for any time...although the baguette ones tend to be early evening fare...between 5-8:

- Olive oil cooked popcorn, with a little kosher salt and a LOT of nutritional yeast
- Callebaut Chocolate (40-65%)...I make truffles as gifts...so I buy chocolate in blocks. I just take a knife and stab the block and break off a flake.
- Sushi
- Chard/Kale/or Spinach sauteed with olive oil, salt, & pepper
- Baguette Slice topped with Cannelini Beans/olive oil/purple onions
- Baguette slice topped with tomato/basil/fresh mozerella
- Baguette slice drizzled/misted in olive oil, with cracked pepper, toasted
- Miso Soup
- Edamame Beans, in their shell, blanched and sprinkled with kosher salt
- Saag Paneer
- Cheese (Tellagio, Smokey Blue, Brie, Humbolt Fog, etc.)
- Muscat Grapes, or champagne grapes
- Greek pita, heated up in a pan, & hummus or babaganoosh
- Fried bananas & guacamole
- Dolmades
- Tea with toast & honey
- Toasted nori
- Somen noodles topped with (soysauce, rice vinegar, sugar, veggi oil, sesame oil)
- A sherry vinegar topped simple salad with cracked pepper
- Grilled jalepeno poppers
- Greek Gods Honey Yogurt
- Caprese Salad
- Cottage Cheese with cracked pepper
- Cottage Cheese & Applesauce
- Sauteed fava beans with spinach, carrots, zucchini, & yellow squash
- Poke
- Ceviche
- Hot Chocolate (made with foamed milk & chocolate syrup...no water)

So first things first, what kind of "diet" are you on?
Are you restricting calories?
Are you supplementing with nutritional supplements?
Have you taken a bunch of foods from your diet but not replace the nutrients from them?
Have you addressed what kind of weight you will be losing, is it from fat or muscle? (BTW - if you restrict calories you will burn muscle before you burn fat)
What is your morning routine? How are you setting up your brain to recieve the nutrition that you are eating through the day?

I feel it is very important to look at your nutritional program more than look at a diet and what you can snack on. If you want some help, i'd be happy to chat with you.

PS - you can be pretty safe with raw fruits and veggies.

Family Wellness Coach

1 / 3