Healthy Crock Pot Recipes Needed

I am a VERY busy mom of 4 VERY active girls. I am also a member of weight watchers and am looking for some tasty crock pot recipes that are reasonable in point value. OR, just some yummy family faves would work too, I can tweak them as I need to.

I have a good and easy one! You put chicken, spaghetti sauce, and provolone cheese in the crock pot. Serve over spaghetti noodles! It's so yummy!!!

I'm a big fan of the crock pot... it's just so much easier so days! I ran across this blog a couple months back, http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/. If you scroll down and look to the left side she has all her recipes in groups. For example if you are looking to use up some chicken, click on "chicken" and all of her recipes that include chicken pop up! I did Weight Watchers too and had success, but had to stop 5 months ago when I found out I was pregnant again. Good Luck!

I also try to do weight watchers. Here are some I like. They may look boring, but they actually turn out pretty good.

Hearty Split Pea Soup

1 pkg. (16 ounces) dried split peas
2 cups diced fully cooked lean ham
1 cup diced carrots
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
5 cups boiling water
1 cup hot milk

In a slow cooker, layer the first nine ingredients in order listed (do not stir). Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk. Dicscard bay leaves before serving. Yeild: 9 servings.

Italian Chili

1  pound extra lean ground beef
1/2  pound bulk Italian sausage, rinsed after cooking (should remove a lot of fat)
1  cup chopped onion
1  cup chopped green sweet pepper
3  cloves garlic, minced
1  28-ounce can Italian-style tomatoes, cut up
1  15-ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
1  15-ounce can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1  cup water
3  tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2  to 3 tablespoons chili powder
2  teaspoons dried basil, crushed
2  teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
1/2  teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
1/4  teaspoon salt
Hot cooked rice
Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Dairy sour cream (optional)

1. In a large skillet, cook ground beef, sausage, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and vegetables are tender; drain. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart electric crockery cooker, combine the meat mixture, undrained tomatoes, chickpeas, beans, water, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, basil, oregano, bottled hot pepper sauce (if desired), and salt.

2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or cook on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Serve over hot cooked rice. Top with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Makes 6 to 8 servings.

Crock Pot Navy Bean Soup (good and cheap!)

1 pound dried navy beans (or 3-4 cans drained and rinsed white beans)
2 cans chicken broth -- (I usually have to use more)
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup red wine -- (optional--can skip)
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 pinch crushed red pepper (optional)

Soak your beans overnight, rinse and drain well.

In a crock-pot, combine the soaked beans and the rest of the ingredients.
Add water to cover (by an inch).

Cook on low for 4 to 8 hours or until beans are tender. Crock-pots vary
greatly in cooking times, depending on brands, age of the appliance, brand
and size.

Crock Bean Soup with Kale (I LOVE this one)

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 onions -- chopped
1 carrot -- chopped
3 cloves garlic -- pressed
1 bunch kale -- trimmed and sliced
1 pound dried cannellini beans -- soaked overnight (or use white
beans)
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 quart chicken broth or vegetable broth
Salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions,
carrot and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent. Add kale
and cook till wilted, about 3 minutes.

In a crock-pot, place your soaked beans, add red pepper flakes,
the contents of the skillet and cover with broth (if you need more liquid,
add either more broth or water till contents are covered by 1/8”).

Cook on high 8 hours or until beans are tender. Once beans are tender, add the
tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste.

Slow Cooker Bean & Barley Soup

1 cup dried multibean mix or Great Northern beans, picked over and rinsed
6 cups water
1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes, with juice
3 cloves garlic, smashed
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup pearl barley
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt, plus additional for seasoning
2 teaspoons dried Italian herb blend
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, optional
3 cups cleaned baby spinach leaves (about 3 ounces)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Extra-virgin olive oil

Put beans, water, tomatoes and their juices, garlic, celery, carrots, onion, barley, bay leaf, 1 1/2 tablespoons salt, herb blend, pepper, and porcini mushrooms (if using) in a slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW until the beans are quite tender and the soup is thick, about 8 hours.
Stir in the spinach, cheese, and vinegar, cover, and let the soup cook until the spinach wilts, about 5 minutes. Taste and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and drizzle each serving with olive oil.

Crock Pot Stuffed Bell Peppers

1 1/2 10-oz. packages frozen whole kernel corn
1 1/2 16-oz. cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 28-oz. cans diced tomatoes
1/3 cup onion, chopped
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 1/2 teaspoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups low fat Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
6 medium green bell peppers, tops removed and seeded and de-ribbed

Combine all ingredients except 1/3 cup of cheese and green bell peppers.

Stuff peppers to the top. Place in a crock pot (place 3 peppers in bottom and 3 on top, if necessary). Cover; cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese during the last 30 minutes.

Crock Pot Mixed Beans and Turkey Ham

1 cup dry beans - mixed, your choice, presoaked (see above for instructions)
3/4 cup carrots -- diced
3/4 cup celery -- diced
3/4 cup onion -- chopped
1 1/2 cups turkey ham -- chopped
2 cans chicken broth -- or veggie broth
1 1/2 tablespoons parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
salt and pepper, to taste-- after beans are cooked

Cook beans on high for four hours in crock pot (or until beans are tender). Add remaining ingredients and cook 2-3 more hours until done. Add more water as needed.

Try those on for size! Good luck.

Hi T.,

I did a search and found a ton! I'm going to have to pull out my crock pot now. Look here http://www.mamapedia.com/mamapedia/search?query=crock+pot...

Hi T.,

I'm a picky crockpot gal, and therefore only have a few that I think are worth it. Here is our family's very favorite - and it freezes great, too:
BBQ Chicken – in the Crockpot

In Crockpot, mix:

½ bottle bbq sauce (we love jack Daniel’s #1 original)
½ C Italian dressing
¼ C brown sugar
2 T Worcestershire sauce
½ to 1 yellow onion, cut up

Then add:

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours

About a half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return to the Crockpot with the other half of the bbq sauce. Yum!

I use this for bbq chicken sandwiches, a twist on nachos, and quesadillas with red onion and shredded cheese.

www.allrecipes.com Search for crock pot recipes and they pop up. What's so nice is people give reviews and tips about the recipes. Great site!

We cook a big ham a few times a year, eat a good dinner and vaccuum package the rest in 1 lb. portions. We also save the ham bone.

2 cups northern or navy beans, soaked overnight (or quick soaked)

1 lb. ham - cut into bite sized pieces
3 carrots - cut into 1 inch pieces
3 celery sticks - sliced
1 turnip - sliced
1 zucchini
1 tsp Italian spice mix
64 oz LOW SODIUM chicken broth (is very salty b/c of ham)

Put everything but zucchini in crock pot for 10 hours on low, or 3 hours on high an 4 on low. Add zucchini for the last hour.

Take 1 cup of soup out and mix with 1 cup milk in a blender. Return to crock pot and mix well.

Serve with tossed salad and crusty bread. Yum!

My sil makes chicken in the crock pot for shredded chicken tacos. She puts a little water in the bottom and cooks her bone in chicken pieces on low all day. Smells great too!

T.,

I just got an email from my mom last week with a TON of crock pot recipes. I haven't tried any out yet, but I'd be happy to forward you the email. Just message me with your email address and I'll send it to you. In fact, any of you ladies that read this, I'd be happy to forward it to you too. It has them all broken up into "meat" categories and you can just click on the one you want to look at.

1 / 3