Health Insurance Needed for Son No Longer Covered Under Family Health Plan

My son will be turning 21 soon, is no longer a full time student, does not have a full time job, as of yet, and will no longer have health insurance. Does anyone know of a health coverage I can get him on a month to month basis until his current situation changes? I don't know how long or short of a time he may need it. He is looking at going to a trade or tech school so will not have a full time job with possible insurance until he is through with his training. Thanks for the help.

I know of a broker who can help you shop for a good plan
his name is Robert Johnson ###-###-####. He's really good.

I know that BCBSIL has a temporary policy he can purchase for up to six months, and I think you can even purchase it twice, so coverage could extend for a year. It's pretty reasonably priced too, since you can choose your coverage level, etc. Or talk to your HR department about your COBRA options if he is currently under your insurance. Best of luck!

PS, the website you'll want to check out is www.bcbsil.org I think.

Call any independent insurance agency. They should have several companies they can get multiple quotes for you to choose from.

If you'd like a name and number of an agent I can get you one. PM me anytime.

I would type in short term insurance or temporary insurance on the computer. It is affordable, and they take pretty much everyone. My husband has it right now. It is a 6 month policy. We had a 500.00 deductible and then it was covered at 100%.

I see that you have got enough responses, but thought I would give one more. I work for an agent, Tom Kenney, in Naperville. We offer a number of short term and long term plans. The phone is ###-###-####. Tom will take his time to explain everything and help you decide which would be best for your son.

We use the Dan Borowiak Insurance Agency, which is a broker that uses only A+ rated companies. We're very happy with the service, and they helped us shop the best rates. You can reach Dan Borowiak at ###-###-####. He'll take good care of you!

Hi. My sons are older, 30 and 26 and yes, it never stops. I'd say hurry and get a job. I think even UPS - part time - gives insurance, but not sure. County hospitals, however dreadful that is, take patients without insurance I think. The reality for your son is that the world in the United States demands that he take care of himself now. We know it isn't the reality in our lives for most. I feel your dread as I have lived it. Other than these thoughts I am not sure what you can do. It is good to put the responsiblity on him though. It will help him grow.

Have him check with the schools he is looking at. Many times they will offer basic student coverage while they are enrolled a certain number of hours.

Starbucks is another job that offers great benefits for working part time hours.

1 / 3