Headed to the Dells and Looking for Ideas/input on Activities

We're headed out for a quick trip up to Wisconsin Dells with an almost 11 year old, a 9 year old, a 2 1/2 year old, and an 11 mos old. Any suggestions on activities that the whole family can enjoy together? I know it's a wide range of ages!

Any of the indoor water parks are great. They have activities for the older kids (waterslides, etc.) and great little toddler/baby areas for the little ones. We've been to Great Wolf Lodge, and also Grand Bear Lodge in Utica, IL. The kids LOVE it.

The Wilderness. We go every year and actually just went over break and it was crazy. My suggetion is go on an off season day. Less people,less crazy and you can get cheap deals. Not much is open until end of May outside the hotel but if you have never been there you will have plenty to do at the hotel.

Deer Park is great but I am not sure they are open yet... I would try calling them to see or when you are out there check!

Also the Tommy Bartlett Exploratory. I am not sure your 11 month old would get a lot out of it but it would still be a "different" experience for him/her. I had taken my daughter when she was about 13 months old and she enjoyed it but had no idea what a lot of the things were...My son when he was 2 thought it was the greatest and I could barely get him out of there! We have gone about every year since then and he is now almost 19 lol !
http://www.tommybartlett.com/TBE.html

Circus World... fun but not if you are afraid of clowns and what not... here is the website.
http://www.circusworldmuseum.com/visitorcenter/index.html

I hope you have a wonderful time there and make many happy memories!
Many blessings to you and yours!

A., for the older kids, We love Wizards Quest and Robot World. Robot world is fun for all ages, while Wizards quest might be a bit scary for the younger. If you go in the spring.. Circus World museum in Baraboo is absolutely awesome!! and the Deer park in the Dells is great. A great
restaurant is MooseJaw Pizza!!! Our favorite! Enjoy your
getaway. L. T.

The Wilderness......It has everything you need and you never have to leave the grounds......Great Place for Kids....Great Hotel.......Great Waterpark........Fields has wonderful food...

You are going to have a great time! My family LOVES Wisconsin Dells. We go there about every other year and have been going since i was a kid. You didn't say when you were going, but if it's warm enough for outdoor water parks our favorite is Noah's Ark. If it's still cold go to one of the indoor water parks. There is something for everyone at all of them. The Duck Tours are something everyone should do once. There really are endless things for everybody to do. you can go online to the WisDells web site and not only order a travel guide filled with all the attractions, restaurants and hotels. But you can also get coupons. Discount cards can also be purchased throughout the town if you're going soon and don't have time to wait on the mail. Last time we went we bought a discount card from a vending machine inside the Culver's that is downtown. Have a great trip. I can't wait to go back myself.

Hi A., we went up there a few weeks ago and stayed at MT. Olympus Hotel/Water park. Book a few months back and got a great deal of $119.00 per night on a weekend and that included the water park and indoor amusement park they have. Could not pass up that deal! The hotel was recently remodeled and the rooms are awesome. Two queen beds and bunk beds in each room. A little kitchenette with a fridge and microwave was nice. They even have wooden floors in each room that is so nice and cleaner too.
Not a lot is open until Memorial weekend, but just what Mt. Olympus has to offer gave us plenty to do.
A really neat place to eat is Paul Bunyans resturant and you have to check out the McDonalds there, its very rustic and even has a fire place.
Have fun!

N.

Mom of three awesome kids, Ryan 12, Troy 8 and Audrey 3. Wife to a great guy for the last 18 years.

I have two boys, 13 & 7. We spent our spring break at the
Chula Vista Resort. My sister-n-law stayed with us with her three kids too, ages 10, 8, and 1. We did the all inclusive package which was great! Everyone had a great time. I recommend you to check it out.

For the past 12yrs we've gone to the Dells on Super Bowl Sunday and stayed thru Wed. We have traded on and off between Great Wolf Lodge and the Wilderness. Both are great. It's more cheaper to stay during the week than the weekend. I would suggest that you go to both their websites and click onto their specials! Another idea if you want check them both out on the web and then call and personally ask them what their specials are...they have alot of great insite, sometimes they have given us deals that have expired or match what other lodges were offering.

1 / 3