HCG Diet - Riverside,CA

I was wondering who's used this diet. Have you used drops or shots? Is it worth it? Are you local and where did you purchase the drops? I need to loose a few pounds and want to get the ball rolling. I'm purchasing an elliptical this weekend to become a little more active. Also I have a gnarly sweet tooth. Will that be tamed with drops or do I need to take something else in addition?

i study hormones professionally. the reason the hCG diet works is that you are starving. its not the drops. don't take a hormone unless you have to. you want to lose weight? eat reasonably and exercise. takes time. this "diet" is dangerous. 500 calories a day? that's insane. you will begin breaking down muscle tissue. bad. silly silly diet!

I am doing this diet right now, and it works. I'm 2.5 weeks into it and have lost 20 lbs. Don't get me wrong, it's HARD! Really HARD! And we (my husband and I are doing it together - he's lost 30lbs) aren't doing it as a "fix-all". We're using it as a jump-start - a way to kind of reset our metabolisms and start our weight loss program.

Keep in mind that you're not living on 500 calories a day (though that's all you eat). The HCG goes into your fat cells and opens them up so that your body is actually eating about 1500 calories a day - 1000 of them are from your fat.

Here's what I would recommend to be successful.

1. Go with the drops. We got ours from yourhcg.com. I like the company because they offer great support and the plan is spelled out for you.
2. You MUST buy a food scale. Your diet is strict. And so are your portions. You will need a way to measure your food so that you stay within the allotted amounts.
3. If you're married, do it together. Truthfully, I wouldn't be successful on this if I was the only one in the house doing it. It's just too hard, and your diet is so limited that cheating is way too tempting with great looking food all over the place.
4. Make sure you're on birth control. HCG is a natural hormone, but they caution against getting pregnant. We decided not to have sex until it was over. At least we have a great way to celebrate when we're done ;-)
5. Make sure you don't have anywhere fancy to go while you're doing it. You aren't allowed to wear makeup, certain lotions, etc. on this diet because it is working to clear your body of un-natural chemicals, so if you have a wedding to go to or something, you'll have to go blank-faced.

All in all, will it cure your sweet tooth? Probably not. But it will reset your metabolism, teach you portion control and retrain your appetite so that the sweet tooth doesn't take over.

Good luck! PM me if you have questions.

my coworker did this and it worked for her but i've heard that it's very unhealthy. i thought it was actually becoming illegal in the states... do some research first!

I know someone who did this. She was using the drops. in addition to the drops, there was a very specific diet she had to follow, which was only 400 or 500 calories a day. Not that I recommend eating that few calories, since it's unhealthy, but if you eat that little without the drops - I'm sure you'd save money and lose weight.

Any diet that restricts your calories to 500/day will make you lose weight, with or without drops or shots. I have an acquaintance who tried this diet for about 3 weeks. She lost a few pounds, but was violently hungry the whole time.

She switched to Weight Watchers to learn healthier life habits, and has lost lots of weight without all the misery. She's been going strong for nearly two years now, and is quite happy with this approach. It's a little slower, but studies show that your body is primed to regain weight after enduring a severe diet. Like just about every fast-loss diet out there, this one is more than likely a fad, designed primarily to lighten your wallet.

Please find another diet that's healthier for you!

Anyone can lose weight if they drop their calorie intake to 500 calories a day. I myself can lose 2lbs a day if I limit my food....anyone can.

Your body NEEDS food to function correctly. It needs the fuel. When you limit your daily fuel, it could seriously hurt you and how your body works. You could become very sick and even develop heart, liver, and other organ problems. The best, healthiest diet is to eat right and exercise and drink lots of water.

I am proud to hear of you getting on the elliptical. That's a great way to burn calories. Drink a ton of water throughout the day. Park at the far end of the parking lot and walk. Take the stairs instead of the elevator/escalator. Eat alot of protein (DO NOT cut out your carbs which are needed for energy)...especially in the morning. I lost so much weight when I started eating 2 eggs for breakfast. It helped me gain muscle which burns fat. Drink lots of water! Do Not eat at least 3hrs before bed. Eat UNTIL you feel comfortable...never overstuff yourself...and eat your biggest meals earlier in the day...limit your calories at the end of the day.

It is totally and completely possible to lose weight and look great without taking a weight loss accelorator. It may take a bit longer, but, believe me you'll feel so much better physically and mentally.

I know three people who did it. They all lost quite a bit of weight in three months. That was last fall. I just saw two of them recently and they were probably just as heavy as when they started the whole thing. They gained it all back.

You just need to learn to watch your calorie intake and exercise. It might go more slowly, but in the end you'll be able to maintain it. You can't maintain the hcg diet because it's not healthy for you.

1 / 3