Having Pain in the Upper Area of the Inside of My Legs..?

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced pain in the upper area of the inside of their legs? I am almost 31 weeks pregnant. This is my 3rd pregnancy. The area aches when I walk, stand up or when I'm laying down with my legs apart. I don't know if it's the baby adding pressure down there or what? My lower back hurts with this one also. If anyone has had this or knows what to do, I would appreciate it. I'm afraid to walk or do any other exercise b/c my water broke at 35 weeks with my 2nd. So I am afraid it might happen again. Thanks!!

Thanks for all of your responses!! I do appreciate them!! I did go to my doctor and she said all of my symptoms are normal. She added it gets worse after each kid you have. I have found when I walk or exercise my legs, the aches to get better. Thanks again!!!

D'Anne,

I had this problem with my last two pregnancies, especially the last one. My back, rear, inside thighs and crotch would do completely numb. I also had horrendous swelling in my privates, something my doctor said is normal but in such a sensitive area no one talks about it. Must be so because I've never found any information on vaginal varicose veins.

It's veriscosities (sp). The compression hose from Motherhood makes a world of difference. Also, lie on the ground with your bottom against the wall and feet up the wall but for no longer than 10 min. It will bring the blood flow to that area.

You may also have vericose veins. I developed those with my third pregnancy as well. They were very painful, but went away after delivery. Get it checked out.

During pregnancy the pelvic joints loosen in preparation for the delivery. If your pelvis is not aligned properly this can cause pain in the lower spine, hips, and groin area. I have seen many pregnant women with the same issue, and have helped provide relief through chiropractic care. Is chiropractic safe for pregnant women? Yes. There are very gentle procedures to realign the pelvis, which can actually help with the delivery. I received chiropractic care until the day I delivered both of my sons.

Do your homework to find a chiropractor who adjusts pregnant women.

T. Theriot, D.C.
New Iberia, LA

have your doctor check your hips, I had the same problem before I found a doctor who said
I needed hip replacements-- and that solved the problem. Good Luck

Hi D'Anne! I had this same problem with my 2nd pregnancy. My legs hurt soooo bad, I could barely stand up some days. I asked my Dr about it and he said there was nothing you can do about it. After I had the baby, I havent had any more pain in my legs. I know how uncomfortable you must be...but it will be over soon. Congrats on the baby girl....I love the name!

I had that happen to me when i was pregnant with my second and third child. It was worse with my third child though. Really i used to ask my doctor about it all the time and they told me that it was just pressure from the baby and that i just had to find a comfortable position for me because i varies for every woman. Personally i could never find a comfortable position for myself i just had to suffer throughout the end of both of my last pregnancies. I want another baby now but that pain that i went through with my last child makes me not want to go through that again.

I experienced this with my last pregnancy. My daughter, now 7 1/2 months old, was what doctors call sunny-side-up or face up in the birth canal. My first was complete breech, so I did not experience the "gift" of labor with her. I attempted a VBAC with the last one and experienced "back labor" first hand. The OB nurse told me that my baby was face up and that is why I was having intense pain in my lower back. It then made sense to me why my tail bone ached during the end of my pregnancy (I also had the upper thigh pain, but I think that was because she had fallen into position and was resting in my pelvis). I ended up having another C-section, but it was because I wasn't progressing. I have learned that if indeed your baby is face up, it can be turned during labor. I'm not sure if that is why you're experiencing pain, but I would ask your doctor during your next OB visit.

Hi, I'm 39 wks pregnant and I never had pain in my upper legs but I do have the severe lower back pain. My Dr. said that my back pain is because my baby has her back in my back when most babies have there stomach against your back. I would say talk to your doctor and find out what postition your baby is in. Have you tried taking Tylenol? My doc has me take tylenol and it helps some but the pain doesn't go away completely. And have your husband rub you lower back and maybe try to rub your inner legs and see if that gives any relief. Congratulations on the new baby.

A.

1 / 3